Do you hide your supply of diapers at home?

John Davis

Do you hide your supply of diapers at home?  As this forum is intended for those who are medically IC or FI, our motives may be different from those who are AB or DL and not medically incontinent.

So, do you just stock your supply of diapers openly on your shelves, do you make some effort to keep them out of sight, or do you go to some extremes to hide them?

--John

Definitely different motives. I keep my supply of diapers, and a diaper pail, in my master bedroom closet. My medical need for diapers is no longer a secret, but if I have guests over who don't need to know then I'll just close the closet door. 

Growing up as a DL I did have to hide them though. Under my dresser was an OK spot for a time, but eventually it was easier to just put a lock on my bedroom door. 

• Like 1

For myself, I keep most of my supply in a big plastic bin but some is stacked on shelves in a bookcase in the master bedroom.  My diaper pail (no lid) is in the bathroom closet.  In the morning I prep my day's supply of diapers and leave them openly displayed on a bedroom table.  The cleaning lady and maintenance staff all can see that I wear diapers.

If guests come over, my diapers (all in the master bedroom or bath) are not viewable from the living room or dining room.  I do not advertise my incontinence but neither do I go to unreasonable extremes to hide it.

--John

I stay discreet about my diaper packs but I live in a small apartment and I don't have many choices for storing my diapers. my stock is on the shelf near my bed in the bedroom, it's easier to change. I have another package in the bathroom with the diaper pail. I try to hide them when I have guests

While I prefer to not advertise it, I also don't hide it.  My cloth diaper supply is currently stacked in clear bins in my bedroom.  And when doing laundry, you might find them in the dryer when I don't immediately fold and store them.  I also have some packages of disposable diapers in the bedroom.

So I get two boxes delivered every two months - they just sit on top of my bedroom closet. One package I always take down into the bed box. For daily use, a few of them always go into the bathroom cabinet. I don't bother hiding them.

I mean - the big trash can in the bathroom is at least as treacherous.