What is your favorite diaper color And what is your favorite diaper?

Brian

Because we are, we have to use diapers or other means to deal with it. for those that decide to use diapers, I ask the following question: what is your favorite diaper, and what color is your favorite color of diaper? the reason why I asked this question is because when dealing with incontinence, and you accept your need for diapers, What usually happened is you want to be able to spice up your wardrobe a little, so you're not constantly wearing a white clinical diaper, with no different colors. this can make your wardrobe choice a little mundane,. And predictable.

I have tried every color of megamax available: I like the pink diaper the most, followed by the blue the black and the tie dye, with the white diaper being the last on the list. I figure if I have to wear diapers, I might as well Enjoy the fact that I can choose different colors And so far I have not been disappointed. My favorite diaper so far is the Mega Max, followed by the supreme, followed by the abena plastic backed ones.

i'm glad that we have choices in the colors of our diapers sometimes, And I understand that there's also people who like the clinical white, and that's fine, I was just curious if there were people that liked other colors, and also what their favorite diaper was, because some companies have more colors and designs available than others, while others may be the AB type diapers versus the clinical ones, and sometimes diaper lovers choose some of these die these diapers because they want to jazz up their wardrobe, or they want to feel little or be will to go back to a time when they felt safe.

Brian

Hi Brian and John.  I have a lot of favorites now that I have discovered most of the brands and tried them out. And yes, I do appreciate color choices.  I have always had  a personal taste in clothing and being somewhat stylish.  I am a dad so i became "not cool" years back 😁, however, I do like to dress well.  Makes me somewhat sad that I can't wear some of the pants that are "in style" because they are snug fitting in the crotch area, (not great for diaper wearing), but i have found choices that suit me while still being discreet.  

I have more recently tried out some of the AB brands that offer high capacity diapers.  I have always passed by them as cosplay type items that are expensive and not useful for incontinence.  That I have found to be the furthest thing from the truth.  In fact some are more comfortable and work amazingly better than "medical" grade diapers.  While i don't really have a taste for the baby prints, but there are prints and diapers in colors that are a nice change from plain white.   I did however order the "Mega Safari" type from rearz while they were on sale.  I caught a look at myself and had a good chuckle.  It wasn't really "me" but they are very cute and for folks that use them for emotional needs I imagine they are  fun.  The ink bled onto my skin so I will probably avoid buying them again.

Colorful diapers that I have tried and like so far:

Rearz Skulls

Northshore Megamax black

Northshore Polka dots

Tykables Camelots

Regular diapers I like:

Betterdry

Abena Plastic back

Incontrol  Essential

Incontrol Active Air

Main thing for me is if I have to wear these all day I want to be comfortable and feel dry.  the Incontrol diapers have really helped me out with that.  A real nice thing about them is the tape guides.  I have sometime have trouble with keeping things symmetrical so that is a really helpful feature.  It's also nice to forget that i'm putting on diapers because im "disabled" so YES colors and patterns are great and I 100% appreciate them.

• Like 2

My Favorite diapers are as follows

NorthShore Megamax diaper in Tye dye

ABU Little paws

ABU Space

Tykables Camo

Tykable LITTLE RAWRS

Tykable GALACTIC

Tykables Cammies Blue Diapers

I prefer ABDL diapers over medical diapers because they hold more and last longer than Medical diapers. As an Incontinent, I want a diaper that can last all day and not worry about a leak.

• Like 2

Preference:  White, layered night weight cloth diapers.

When issues first hit I could not find a disposable adult diaper on the market that could reliably handle my nighttime output.

Now, for my last vacation I had white North Shore Megamax  and Tykables blue Cammies, using a Tykables stuffer, can typically handle my night time output.  And I find the Tykables tapes easier to deal with in the day time when I normally can make it to the bathroom but still need some protection.  I can typically go with one diaper a day, changing after the morning shower.

I have some others older ones on hand that I probably should also try with the new stuffers, such as (old) Abena M4 and maybe some old Molicare's still in the closet. 

North Shore and the AB market have finally got a disposable product I can reliably use most nights. 

• Like 1

For me, form must follow function. That is, a diaper is intended to absorb pee without leaking. So above all else, any diaper needs to be trustworth to not leak. If it does leak on me more than 1-2 times a month, then I need a better diaper.

And wow have I gone through a LOT of diapers finding one. Which ended up being Betterdry for me. Of note; I found any diaper that uses a "no lower tapes" design will leak around my legs well before it is even half used. By this I mean if you look at any diaper with a front tape landing panel. The back wings will have one tape nearly centered, and one tap near the top. There is no lower tape.

This all said, Betterdry has several variants. The same exact make, but with prints. Ever since embracing my DL side I've made Crinklz my day and night, go-to diaper. I only need two diapers in 24 hours, so they also cost me less than $5.00 per day. Something other diapers like arena, tenant seni can't do for me. And certainly not the "cheap" diapers like depends or atn.

And yes, I've been to the ER in a crinklz. Gone into w waaaayy to many surgeries with them on. Ive also changed in an open locker room with them, and kept them on while sunbathing at the beach. (Not like I have the choice to just take them off either).

Though if I plan to go into the water I wear a reusable pocket diaper. It has a waterproof outer liner and a thin terry cloth inner liner, with a removable cloth booster pad. I can remove the pad, and the terry liner will catch any dribbling to and from the water. Work good at water parks too. Though I do have to make sure to break a leg seal when getting out, so the water can drain out. Lest I want to walk around sloshing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Davis said:

Been to the ER in a MegaMax in the tie-dye colors.  The nurses loved it.  I even took one to show my SCI rehab doctor as a sort of "show and tell."

--John

Been their. I have gone to my doctor's appointment in my MegaMax and I had nurses comment how cute my diapers look on me

I didn't mention this before, but too have gotten only good remarks from medical professionals for choosing other than a plain white diaper, usually "cute" as well.

I'm led to believe the fears of "what if", "fetish", "pedo" and the like are just that. An unfounded fear.

1 hour ago, Slomo said:

I didn't mention this before, but too have gotten only good remarks from medical professionals for choosing other than a plain white diaper, usually "cute" as well.

I'm led to believe the fears of "what if", "fetish", "pedo" and the like are just that. An unfounded fear.

In my experience, I have had nurses and doctors made good comments to me about my diapers and how cute they look on me. They often ask me where I get them and I even leave copies of stuff from Northshore to show other patients that their are far better diapers than store brand ones. All the medical staff that take care of me know I wear diapers and prefer diapers over pull ups.

• Like 1

Hi, everyone. I’ve been wearing plain white for so long, it took a while before I took the dive and tried out different colors from MegaMax and even some prints. I like the skulls and camo, and I really like solid colors, though I may be the only one who doesn't really like the tie dye. Some people mentioned polka dots. Where did you get those? Oh, and I also like colors for my plastic pants. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zombie_Turtle said:

Love the skulls print! It's also a really good daytime diaper for me.  I hate how the ink comes off on my skin.

Does the ink from the camo ones come off?  Are they worth trying out?

I never had a problem with the ink coming off. I’d suggest you try them. The blue camo and the skulls are my favorite print diapers. They look good (even though I’m the only one who sees them), and they are very absorbent.

• Like 1

They look good (even though I’m the only one who sees them)

Yup! there's a different sense I get when I see myself in the skull print, or black megamax.  It just doesn't make me feel like I am this disabled guy wearing a medical device. It's obviously a diaper, it doesn't look like it's not, but it does feel like I own it and even have some style about it.  Idk... tough to explain maybe but I feel better about wearing it.

I will note that, if you select the navy blue diapers offered by some vendors, you may get an unexpected benefit.  If your diapers rise up in the back, they are less likely to be spotted if they blend in with jeans (presuming you are wearing jeans).  Even if they are spotted, they are unlikely to be identified as diapers.🙂  After all, the general public is not aware that diapers are available in colors.

--John

41 minutes ago, John Davis said:

I will note that, if you select the navy blue diapers offered by some vendors, you may get an unexpected benefit.  If your diapers rise up in the back, they are less likely to be spotted if they blend in with jeans (presuming you are wearing jeans).  Even if they are spotted, they are unlikely to be identified as diapers.🙂  After all, the general public is not aware that diapers are available in colors.

--John

@John Davis

one of the things that I like about Mega Max's are that they have colors. I learned from experience that there are people who use diapers every day, and sometimes people don't like the plain white clinical diapers all the time, because that is like having a big sign that says that they wear diapers, and also if you have colorful diapers, that might be a way that you deal with the fact that you are incontinent, you might add the colors to make it fun, or to say to yourself since you have to wear diapers you might as well make diapers something that is at least tolerable to wear. I for some reason like the pink mega maxes, because they remind me of the old style loves from the 90s the loves for girls for example, and they're the same color. my cousin used to wear these type of diapers, and I guess the pink ones were something that I really liked, talking to other people on daily diapers, I found that some girls like the fact that guys wear pink, and that pink is not just for girls. I like the pink, And sometimes I wish they'd come out with a purple one, but we'll have to see if a mega mega Max comes out in that color.

Wearing colored diapers or colored diaper covers can also be an advantage Because if someone doesn't see your diapers,, they may not get the idea that they that are wearing diapers, because you're wearing something that covers your diapers. Diaper covers help me to keep the diaper in position and to allow me to use it should the need arise, without worrying about flooding it. sometimes you just can't help it and you have to release a lot in a hurry, but you have to also remember that you should try to control your release as much as you can. wearing colored diapers will hopefully be another way to make it make it so it's not deadly obvious that you're wearing a diaper, because it's not crinkly great big and white. I can have a great big pink diaper that crinkles as well, but people won't be walking up behind you and pulling your pants down to see if you have a diaper on either! Where in colored diapers don't bother me, because I need them, and I might as well enjoy it, I always liked colors, this gives me the opportunity to wear colors and jazz it up a little. And it also gives me the confidence that I can use a diaper when I need it.

I'm not sure about people that wear cloth diapers, but I've heard that cough diapers are really awesome as well, because they're really soft and you can really feel small in a diaper like that, but because I don't want to be washing diapers every day, doing it with Cloth diapers maybe a maybe a different thing, and it feels different, and the only way I would be willing to do that is if somebody was able to pin me into one of those, because the feelings must be a lot different, i've heard that those diapers are wicked absorbent if done right and you can really talk them on if you really want to, and you can feel real small. I've also heard that cloth diapers are more absorbent, but I'm not sure if that is the case unless you're wearing a lot of them. I would rather stick with my plastic back diapers for my convenience and my safety as well as the ability to not have to do laundry every other day.

Regardless of what color you use whether you use a white diaper a blue diaper a black diaper or a colored diaper of another sort, the most important thing is to make sure you're having your diaper covers. I sometimes use the same diaper cover because that way I don't have to worry someone's going to see a diaper, because it's all one color and some people will wonder, but I can tell you that ever since I started wearing diapers, I'm glad that I made the decision I did, and that I have plenty of colors, because it makes it easier to deal with. like some people say, once they accept the need for diapers, they might add parts of the lifestyle that help them to except it, and that way they don't have to worry anymore, because that's the way they deal with their incontinence.

I wonder sometime if North Shore will make any more colors, but I know whenever I make a phone call to North Shore, there I find a new product, I'm always asking them about that and finding out if Mr Greenberg is planning on making new colors! let's hope he does, because there's a lot of colors that you could use black is one of them that we already have, the baby blue Maybe a purple or maybe a yellow or a red. If they would make the same color diapers as they did for the trifectas that would also be cool.

The most important thing is if you have incontinence that's one thing, But there's nothing that says you can't be stylish and deal with your incontinence by having colorful diapers, because I've heard stories of the people that are in the hospital thinking that the diapers are awesome or they're cute, and that really makes it feel special, because people understand the need for diapers and they're not going to go after you and make you feel bad. If you can have fun with something that isn't fun, then that is a way that you deal with it. incontinence doesn't have me I have incontinence, so I deal with it in the only way I know how, with the right weapons, and I'm not trying to fight my incontinence anymore, and that is part of the problem, because if you fight something that's obvious, all you're going to do is result in causing more heartache and problems for yourself. as they say in frozen:

" Let it go, let it go, Let it go"

Brian

• Like 1

Brian,  I know you like and are familiar with Northshore products, but have you tried the NorthShore Trifecta diaper covers?  They come in Pink, Black, Blue, and White.  You like pink, and the Pink Trifecta is almost a neon bright color.  I wear a Trifecta in different colors 24/7.

--John

2 hours ago, John Davis said:

Brian,  I know you like and are familiar with Northshore products, but have you tried the NorthShore Trifecta diaper covers?  They come in Pink, Black, Blue, and White.  You like pink, and the Pink Trifecta is almost a neon bright color.  I wear a Trifecta in different colors 24/7.

--John

@John Davis

Yes! absolutely! when I decided that I was going to wear diapers 24/7, I decided that I was going to test things out for a while. By that I meant, I didn't know if I was going to need for example the gloves, and the disposal bags, but I knew I needed the canned and the liners that go with it, And after a while I picked up the bags and the gloves and the trifectas because it's always a good idea to have the covers so that you can deal with it so you don't end up with leaks.

At one point I was using the Garywear Incontinence pants, and they were being sold by North Shore. North Shore every once in a while will decide that they want to make their own product, and they usually will for example have a product, and when they make it themselves, they end up switching out a product. then trifectas were their brand of the diaper covers, and I have had both types of diaper covers and I still have a bunch of the Garywear pants.

When I found out that North Shore had those pants again, I asked my case manager to help me get some more because I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of them, because as you know wearing 24/7 you don't know what you're going to be dealing with, how many times a day you will totally soak your diapers or maybe have a blowout period from experience, blowouts and other weird situation happen when you least expect it, so I try to always be prepared. I remember the first summer after they had changed that particular product to a trifecta, I had requested my case manager spend over $1400 on my behalf, an 800 of that was with the trifectas. when I did that, I requested 6 of each color So I had six pink 6 black 6 blue and six white. So I am very familiar with their products and I love them. I like them I like them because these PUL covers contain everything that you need contained within either the diaper or the pants. And if you pull him up far enough they seal up almost anything, and keep it where it belongs.

I also wear different colors, and that's why I wanted different colors, because technically they say that these diaper covers are supposed to last between 50 and 75 washings, which means that I can get away with washing them at least 50 to 75 times before having to replace them, and I wanted to make sure that if for some reason the drier or the washer ripped one of these things apart, that I'd be able to replace it. i've learned from experience that you wouldn't want to wash these things in warm water, and dry them in the delicate cycle, which is basically just cool air. I don't want to ruin them, and so far it's been pretty cool. I'm also lucky that I have an awesome case manager that responds to almost every one of my requests. She has been very accommodating and very and very supportive when I was thinking that I was a crazy old fool, And when I explained my full situation along with the way I was feeling and how diapers would help me and having all of the equipment, she said no problem, and it was like asking for a dollar for an ice cream! very simple very straightforward and I was very happy.

This is why it's always important to have people to support you. I have helped many people on daily diapers for example, and many of them were nervous as hell about how to deal with their incontinence, or how to tell somebody that they love that they're dealing with it, because they're afraid of what will happen. I admit that when I started dealing with it myself, and I had accidents and things, I was kinda nervous myself because I was afraid of what people would say Do believe or think period Now that I understand what I'm dealing with, it's very easy to deal with.. my problem is that there are many people in the world that are accepting of incontinence, but there's always these other people that are dead set against it, and are repulsed by it, and because of that they think that wearing diapers is somehow wrong, bad, or inappropriate, when really the best thing for anyone who is dealing with incontinence is to be able to deal with it in an appropriate manner, and in my case, I would think it would be important that a person be able to deal with their incontinence using diapers, and in my case having no fear of the fact that you have to use the diapers, and the idea of having diapers is so you can stay dry when you need to release. when you're using diapers, they help you to deal with something that is very difficult for some people to deal with, because they don't have any control, and that is part of what incontinence means You don't have any control at all, but if you know how to control it by having the proper equipment it makes it a lot easier. people that think diapers are bad really need to think about why they think they're bad, Because they think something is bad They end up making people feel bad, or they make snap judgments that say they don't want to wear, when obviously diapers are useful, and I'm glad that most people understand that.

There is a reason why we deal with incontinence using different methods. it all depends on the person that's dealing with the situation. some people use medicine, some people use exercises, sometimes people use pull up underwear or pads, And some people use diapers 24/7, or a mix of diapers when they need protection their daily diaper may not be able to provide, and they might need heavier diapers for times when they need the protection and they don't worry about being discreet, all of the times they want discreetness, and it all depends on the situation.

Whatever the situation, it boggles my mind that some people would think that wearing diapers is somehow bad, even if they don't understand why people want to wear diapers, Because incontinence is a reason for wearing diapers, and as far as I can tell if you're wearing diapers, you have a reason And in my case it's incontinence. When you deal with wearing diapers 24/7, you expect that you're going to use them, And as you're using them every day you may lose some of your control so that you have to wear diapers. People who are dead set against people wearing diapers for whatever reason because of their thought process or their beliefs sometimes cause more trouble because they think it's bad wrong or inappropriate, when in actuality wearing a diaper could make the person more comfortable more confident and who really wants to be incontinent and then constantly be wet and uncomfortable? many people may say that they don't want diapers because of the stigma, but I would rather have a dry diaper and dry pants, and then wet the diaper and then have dry pants still because I have the right protections. People have to realize that people make decisions about things like this and some of them are not easy to make, so the best thing that you can do is to be supportive of a person who makes those choices, even if you may not decide that, you should always be supportive, which is what I try to do.

Brian

@Brian / @John Davis:  How is the fit of the Trifecta's compared to the normal Gary PUL pants?  Same size or?

I've found the current round of Gary's pants (from like from https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/Leakmaster-PUL-Pants ) are a bit loose in the legs when I get the size right for my cloth diapers.  They are mostly working, but that is mainly because I'm not typically pushing the cloth diapers to maximum saturation.  And I don't like the cut of the PUL pants I've tried from Kins.  Is Northshore's product just a branded item still manufactured by Gary?  Gary appears to be the only major manufacture left in the US.