Embraced, barely tolerated, or indifferent

Slomo

I would have made this a poll, but creating new polls isn't working on mobile phones.

For those whom became incontinent and ultimately settled on using diapers. What level of acceptance would you say you have? And how has that level changed over time?

For those who know about me I was born predisposed as a diaper lover. It's not something I chose, and it's always been an integral part of who I am. At 18 years old I became urinary incontinent while still in the US Marines. In spite of being a DL I really hated needing diapers, especially while I was still on active duty. And having to wear depends didn't help either (this was in the late 90's). I was medically discharged 3 years later I decided enough was enough. I had a very valid medical need for diapers, and I loved wearing them too. So like when life gives you lemons you learn to like lemonade, I adopted a new saying. When life puts you into diapers you learn to like being a DL as well.

• Like 1

I have been incontinent for about 10 years.  I am fully accepting of my incontinence and not ashamed of it.  I'm not a "diaper lover" per se, but I fully appreciate and value what a good diaper does for me.  I like to say think how difficult life would be without them.

If being a DL helps anyone to better cope with their incontinence then I support that.

--John

• Like 1

For me I have been incontinent for 10 plus years. I have fully accepted that I am incontinent and I am kept in diapers permanently. On top of that, I am not even ashamed of being in diapers. It's why I embrace being in diapers and knowing how life can be difficult without them. 

To be honest - I wonder every time why people telling me that incontinence aids are so embarrassing. I’m incontinent for round about 6 years now and my real problem was to find the right aid that keeps my trousers dry and is still discreet and comfortable to wear.

For me it was never a question of the aids but of the incontinence itself that is and was hard to accept.

I tried really a lot of things to get rid of that shit and was at last partly successful until old spine problems flame up again and make a cure pretty impossible.

I think you can adopt to a lot of things and everything that doesn’t heart is easy to adapt (especially compared to my back pain)…

• Like 1

I have been incontinent for 3 years and since then I have never had any real progress. I admit I gave up and found it easy with diapers. I don't think I will be able to get back to the life I used to, but it allows me to go out, have activities and regain confidence.

• Like 1

To start with, I put myself back in diapers when secondary nocturnal enuresis kicked in during a major illness.  At the time, the doctor wasn't that concerned (due to the acute start up), but I "felt" something had changed.  Once I was off the medication for the illness, I was left with occasional nocturnal enuresis that replaced occasional noctueria...  At first I view the situation as short term and for the next year and a half tried to get the issue resolved, including spending time doing research in the local university's medical library.  Let's just say I can sleep through the night time potty training alarms and wear out the batteries.....  Eventually, I accepted that this wasn't going away. 

I also recognize that a part of me is a DL....  However if you had mentioned any of this prior to the start up of secondary nocturnal enuresis I would have given you a  quizzical look and not known what you were talking about.

A few years back, early onset BPH bit day time control, and now I wear all the time.  I try to not use the diapers during the day, but at this point they are typically slightly damp by evening.  I've accepted the need, and just get on with life.  I've made a point of not keeping the diapers from stopping me from doing what I want to do.-

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 12:51 PM, david49 said:

I have been incontinent for 3 years and since then I have never had any real progress. I admit I gave up and found it easy with diapers. I don't think I will be able to get back to the life I used to, but it allows me to go out, have activities and regain confidence.

That's like me as well. Being incontinent for so long, I simply gave up in trying to be potty trained and found it so much easier with diapers. Being kept in diapers has made my life so much better and I have been able to regain self confidence and able to do things without thinking about using the potty. I've been able to go in my diaper with no worries and no stress in my life. At the same time, I am able to live a potty free life and live a life without ever being potty trained again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Iken said:

That's like me as well. Being incontinent for so long, I simply gave up in trying to be potty trained and found it so much easier with diapers. Being kept in diapers has made my life so much better and I have been able to regain self confidence and able to do things without thinking about using the potty. I've been able to go in my diaper with no worries and no stress in my life. At the same time, I am able to live a potty free life and live a life without ever being potty trained again.

It is gratifying to read your message because I felt guilty for a long time by choosing this option. I feel less alone 🙂. A new chapter opens for me, even if it is still a bit embarrassing for me, over time I learn to accept and live with my incontinence.

8 hours ago, david49 said:

It is gratifying to read your message because I felt guilty for a long time by choosing this option. I feel less alone 🙂. A new chapter opens for me, even if it is still a bit embarrassing for me, over time I learn to accept and live with my incontinence.

Finding a method that works for you and mentally accepting it is critical.  Don't let the incontinence issues stop you from living life to its fullest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 6:21 AM, david49 said:

I learn to live with my incontinence and accept that I am always going to be kept in diapers. I know my folks tried to potty train me but I know that's never going to happen and they accepted that I am gona be kept in diapers for the rest of my life. Being diapered has made life so much easier on me and less stressful on me. It's why I am not ashamed of being in diapered or even if people notices me in diapers. On top of that, I am diapered out in the open around the house so often that it's so normal for me.

I didn't have the same opinion before but I admit that the quality of the diapers plays an important role for my well-being. my daily life has changed a lot and I am able to do things that seemed impossible to me before. I still need time to regain confidence and the feeling of freedom.