Salutations

I normally don't do intros on forums, but this might be the first serious forum I've joined.

I've been an AB pretty much my entire life, although I didn't really recognize it until I was a teen. So I am not a newcomer to wearing diapers. That's a good thing.

In October I started up a new set of meds, all of which have diarrhea as a side effect. I have a consult with a telenurse every three weeks. The first one went fine, I had had no problems from my meds. The next weekend, I had a weak end. I was standing talking to friend at a gaming convention, when I had a very uncomfortable and uncontrollable wet fart. It was a good thing I was wearing a diaper.

Over the next month I had several more accidents, about every week. These ranged from small leaks to fairly large messes. Again I'm glad I'm an AB. This culminated at Thanksgiving dinner, where I again had a wet messy fart. No warning to these. Yay for diapers!

I've told the telenurse about this and we've been adjusting both the amount and formulation of my meds.

So in the past couple of months I've had a dozen or accidents, ranging from a small leakage to a complete uncontrollable emptying of my bowels.

Has any one else had this reaction to the meds they take?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I need to check in here more often

I've had discussions with my primary care doctor about Metformin....  I used to run on the more constipated side.  That hasn't been an issue since starting metformin.  I do have to more closely watch my timing on that medication.  Normally not a real issue, but it does make me looser.....  I'm unwilling to go to a higher does than I'm now utilizing of that medication.....

Edited by zzyzx

2 hours ago, zzyzx said:

I need to check in here more often

I've had discussions with my primary care doctor about Metformin....  I used to run on the more constipated side.  That hasn't been an issue since starting metformin.  I do have to more closely watch my timing on that medication.  Normally not a real issue, but it does make me looser.....  I'm unwilling to go to a higher does than I'm now utilizing of that medication.....

After an attempt at cutting my Metformin dose, my blood sugar went up quite a bit. So I went back to a higher dosage. Unfortunately that has led to an increase in frequency of my accidents. Sigh.