Greetings!

CrochetGirl

Hello all, I am an average 20-something year old woman who has both bladder and bowel incontinence as a symptom of a condition called hEDS. The bowel incontinence is still pretty new to me so I am hoping to find some advice from others with similar issues, as well as talk to people in the general incontinence community (it’s more rare to find others who also wear diapers for incontinence issues than it is to find others who have hEDS, despite incontinence being a symptom of hEDS).

I am fortunate to have a full time job, but in my free time I try to stay active. I love hiking, yoga, and kayaking. I am also an avid crocheter and love to try new restaurants. I look forward to meeting everyone!

• Thanks 1

Welcome CrochetGirl!  I have both bladder and bowel incontinence.  My bowel incontinence is the greater problem.  I am old enough to be your grandfather and have worn diapers and coped with bowel incontinence for many years.   Please feel free to ask anything or even to vent, as we all do from time to time.  Please don't be embarrassed to ask about diapers, medications, rash prevention, odor control, etc. if they apply to you.  I, and others here, have gone through the same issues

I will note that you are commendably active in spite of having bowel incontinence.  Keep it up.

--John

On 11/19/2023 at 3:55 PM, CrochetGirl said:

(it’s more rare to find others who also wear diapers for incontinence issues than it is to find others who have hEDS, despite incontinence being a symptom of hEDS)

Interesting.

I have hEDS and wear diapers. Welcome!  I agree with your statement although, I believe it to be more likely that folks in the Ehlers Danlos community just don't share that part of themselves freely. 😊

Nice to meet you!