Greetings!!

CJ1970

Hello everyone,

I believe forums like this can be useful tools for people struggling with any form of incontinence at any time in their lives.  I struggled with bedwetting for most of my life (college was hell at times living in the dorms) and then I gradually lost my daytime control around 10-12 years ago.  I spent a lot of time being terrified people were going to find out about me wetting myself and/or wearing diapers for protection.  Now, after all this time, I don't really even bother trying to hide it from anyone.   It's not that I advertise my incontinence or make it obvious to anyone but most all of my friends know and what little family I have left all know about my situation.  My quality of life went way up when I stopped worrying about it so much.  I still get the jitters now and then when I tell someone new, like when I went to stay with a couple of friends in Houston for 4 days last summer and I just decided to get it out of the way on my first day there and nothing else was said the rest of the visit.  It's nice to be here and meet you all.  Feel free to chat with me anytime!

CJ

• Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 6:43 PM, CJ1970 said:

Hello everyone,

I believe forums like this can be useful tools for people struggling with any form of incontinence at any time in their lives.  I struggled with bedwetting for most of my life (college was hell at times living in the dorms) and then I gradually lost my daytime control around 10-12 years ago.  I spent a lot of time being terrified people were going to find out about me wetting myself and/or wearing diapers for protection.  Now, after all this time, I don't really even bother trying to hide it from anyone.   It's not that I advertise my incontinence or make it obvious to anyone but most all of my friends know and what little family I have left all know about my situation.  My quality of life went way up when I stopped worrying about it so much.  I still get the jitters now and then when I tell someone new, like when I went to stay with a couple of friends in Houston for 4 days last summer and I just decided to get it out of the way on my first day there and nothing else was said the rest of the visit.  It's nice to be here and meet you all.  Feel free to chat with me anytime!

CJ

@CJ1970

I also believe that forms like this can help people with incontinence and other issues that are related to it. far too often there are people who are dealing with incontinence, or dealing with issues that somehow affect it, And some people are so nervous about the fact that they have incontinence or they have to wear diapers, or that someone is gonna find out about it, and then they're going to start squealing to everybody telling them what is going on, that people get nervous and scared people will Find out.

I am almost 51 years old:: throughout my almost four years of online with daily diapers, I have learned a lot of things about incontinence and how to manage it in an appropriate manner based on my situation and my needs. one of the things that I have learned is that you can you can be scared and you can worry about what people will say, and there will be some people that might say something to you do you, but most of the time if you're dealing with a person that you trust and that and that you have dealt with in the past, things like this shouldn't be a problem. Incontinence is nothing to be afraid of or scared of, however as you have stated it is hard to deal with sometimes and it can be hell.

there are people out there that think wearing diapers is bad, because of all the stigmas and bad things they were told as kids, because our parents or our caregivers wanted us to get out of diapers as quickly as possible, so they would make up things about how bad it was or how infantile was or whatever it is.  As a kid, you grow up and you have people around you that are supposed to support you and be there for you regardless of what happened, through good and bad, And most people do that very well, and it doesn't matter whether you are continent or you're incontinent, it doesn't matter if you have a disability or you don't have a disability, but people are there for you 110%. When I was born with cerebral palsy, I had to learn that the way my life is is the way it was given to me, and I could make the best of it, worry about everything that would happen and what people would say. most of the people that I've dealt with in my life support me love me and care for me and they don't care whether I have a disability or not, but they are well aware of my limitations and what I can and cannot do. I have worked very hard to make sure my quality of life is as good as I can make it, and even when I'm down, I try to push myself because I know I can do better, and sometimes the best thing that you can do is to try to try to live your life the best you can.

In 2019 I became a member on daily diapers: 20 in 2023 I became a member here. Both sites have been very helpful to me and, and both sides have been supportive. What is important is that you have to make the decision that is in your best interest or makes you feel the best that you can be. if that means that you wear diapers, then that's what you do, if that means that you have to do different stuff with medicines or whatever or different treatments, that's what you do. You do what you think is right, and if you have a question or a concern, there will always be someone to ask. I like the both of these sites because I can do just that, depending on what the subject matter is and why I'm asking, It would be appropriate for either one site or the other.

Now that I'm their, And I have accepted the fact that I'm wearing diapers 24/7, my quality of life like yours has gone way up. part of the problem that I see is people are so worried about wearing diapers that it makes them sad or makes them feel like they're less of a person, or that wearing diapers makes them seem different.  Wearing diapers does not make you any different, it just means that you've made an underwear choice, and that is your choice, regardless of what it is. wearing diapers for me has increased my quality of life, and also made it so I don't have to stress come, which is part of my problem because I have so much stress that seems to pile into my head, that I need to get rid of it. I think of it this way, when I use a diaper, I get rid of all the stress, and it might be wet and it might smell, but I can throw that stress away change myself and be back to normal in a matter of minutes. wearing diapers increases your quality of life because you don't have to constantly be on the watch and constantly running to the bathroom or doing something that is inconvenient.

Congratulations on being able to deal with your incontinence in a way that makes sense to you! when you can when you can accept it and you can use inappropriate solution to increase your quality of life or to make it easier for you, that is the biggest thing that you have to do. acceptance of your situation may be harder to do, but it is not impossible, and when you actually think about it would you rather have a wet diaper, a messy diaper, both, or a mess all over everywhere that you sit 19058 on or in or whatever?

My answer to this question is I would rather wear a diaper! it's a lot easier It's a lot faster, and it allows me to deal with the feeling the feelings and urges that I deal with, And it also helps me deal with incontinence. having a disability I, I can't be worried about whether I'm gonna release what I'm gonna release or where, I just need to be able to live my life, and not let my incontinence stop me, because I have incontinence, but it doesn't have me..

Brian