Diaper bags

Iken

As an Incontinent, I know we all have diaper bags. So what's in your diaper bag and what do you carry for the whole entire day.

I know for me, I have a diaper bag and a portable diaper bag. The diaper bag has 4 diapers, wipes, 4 boosters, Spare onesie, spare sweat pants and a diaper changing pad. My portable diaper changing pad is for when I am not near my diaper bag and I need a quick change on the fly. It has a diaper, booster pad and wipes.

Mine is similar. I have two or three diapers, spare plastic pants, wipes, and a disposable changing pad, as well as a small container of powder and Desitin. I also have a spare onesie and a change of pants, either sweat pants or shorts, depending on the weather. And spray-on deodorant to mask any odors.

I use two diaper bags.  The larger one is a small North Face daypack.  I normally leave this one in the car unless I forsee the need to carry it.  It contains two premium diapers, wipes, disposal bags, a small amount of tape to repair a diaper, latex gloves, and plastic pants

The other diaper bag is a small military-style messenger bag with only one diaper, disposal bags, wipes, and latex gloves.  It has two compartments so that I can zip the incontinence supplies away and discreetly use the other compartment.  This one is very innocuous so it is the one I usually carry.  I'm retired military and a military messenger bag just seems natural to me.

Neither of the above bags is large because I leave my “disaster kit”😱 in the trunk of my car.  This one contains all the necessary items for a major incontinence accident, primarily fecal.

—John

For day to day, I don't carry a diaper or disaster bag with me. That's only because I can trust the diaper I use (Crinklz), combined with my usual diaper cover (Gary activewear PUL). I normally don't need them, but do keep 2 extra diapers in my car. On the rare chance I need to change, I just take it in hand to the nearest restroom and change. In 10+ years of doing this, I've only noticed a few people stare of do a double take. No gawking, snickers, whatever.

I do have an overnight bag though. It is a normal backpack. I keep 2 diapers in it, along with a pair of black pants, and the other usual diaper supplies.

I'd be a little surprised to see if ANY person uses specifically a diaper bag (ie, made for parents to carry a babys supplies) as their own diaper bag. I mean, to each their own but that would be a daring advertisement you're diapered.