Incontinence and physical fitness

Iken

2 hours ago, Iken said:

I know being incontinent and going to the gym alot, I wonder how many of you who do go to the gym alot. How do you deal with Incontinence and going to the gym to work out.

For me, I should get in more than I do...  When I do, I still wear one of my white oneies or rompers (i.e. white tee-shirt showing), with dark (regular, not gym) shorts, possibly a hooded sweat shirt and proceed as I did prior to wearing diapers full time....  I'm fortunate to mostly have day time control, so at the end of the working, anything damp is mostly from sweat....  My preference is a recumbent bike.  Need to get in more....

The truth is that I haven’t been to the gym since Covid, but when I did go, it would be for short sessions of about half an hour. I would wear a pullup and a onesie, with a baggy t-shirt and basket ball shorts over that. I would go to the gym in my gym clothes (with sweats in winter), and shower and change when i got home. These days, I have a stationary bike in my house, which I tell people I use.

What did you all choose with regard to the diaper itself?  During really intense workouts you sweat so much that you do not generate much pee.  For those workouts it would seem that the absorption of a heavy diaper would not be needed.  Are you using a pullup or a tabbed diaper?

My days of intense workouts are long gone, but I do use a light tabbed diaper, plastic pants, and either a onesie or compression shorts. I would return home before showering.  While I am fully accepting of my incontinence and wearing a diaper, I would feel strange putting on my diaper in a locker room in front of strangers.

--John

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, John Davis said:

During really intense workouts you sweat so much that you do not generate much pee. 

That is why I feel safe wearing a quality pull-up like a Go Supreme. I used to wear plastic pants over it, but found that for the amount of time that I am there, they aren’t really necessary. I use a onesie, and in cooler weather, I will sometimes wear running tights under my shorts. As for a tape on, I found that it gets loose when I move around too much.

I found out early on that wearing my usual diaper for working out or physical rehab kind of works against me. It's thick enough to be extremely noticeable under gym clothes, crinkles too much, and caused chafing. Plus, I'd always want to change out of it afterwards due to sweat and sagging, even if it was hardly used. 

For a while I used depends real fit, but even they would leak on me at times. So now I've been using tranquality atn cloth backed disposables. They are quiet and thin enough, and keep me protected quite well while working out. But they do have problems with stretching loose, clumping, and generally feeling horrible from even just a little bit of sweat. Ok for an hour or so, but I'm more than happy to change out of them afterwards.

18 hours ago, John Davis said:

What did you all choose with regard to the diaper itself?  During really intense workouts you sweat so much that you do not generate much pee.  For those workouts it would seem that the absorption of a heavy diaper would not be needed.  Are you using a pullup or a tabbed diaper?

Ah, forgot to mention...  I use cloth diapers and currently typically a PUL cover.  This avoids the clumping issue....  Sweat will leave a different wetness pattern with the cloth diaper than the other usage.....

• Like 1