New BeDry Briefs

Incont

Our sponsor has a next-gen diaper coming out this week, the new BeDry briefs. 7500ml capacity and odor control at less than $2 a diaper! I ordered some to try. Here's the link if you want to as well:

https://incontroldiapers.com/incontrol-bedry-premium-incontinence-briefs/?utm_source=incontsite&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Launch&utm_id=BeDry

• Like 3

I ordered these as another one of the holiday sale items I have been finding.  I already got to try them out and I have positive things to say.  For the cost, they didn't seem to skimp out on anything.  They are cut similar to the Essential style (but for some reason fit me better) and do seem to hold more.  They also seem to be a little drier feeling on the skin.  Not sure if that is part of the grey top sheet or if it's from the higher capacity.  Either way it's nice.  

• Like 1

Their specs do look good, but it also looks like they use that "no lower tapes" design. Meaning the back wing has a taper near the middle of the wing, and another tape above. But no tape below.

This design does work for many, but they are guaranteed to leak around my legs long before even reaching half capacity. A lot of people have asked for a 3-tapes diaper, and this one would be a perfect candidate for the upgrade.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 1:39 PM, Slomo said:

Meaning the back wing has a taper near the middle of the wing, and another tape above. But no tape below.

I was hoping you'd respond to this thread.  I know you are a dedicated Betterdry/Crinkles guy and I think these were obviously priced (and named 😄) to compete with them.

I totally get what you're saying about the "lower" tapes after reading your posts from before, and comparing them myself.  I found that some of the Rearz and Incontrol diapers do not seal around the legs for me just like you were saying.  But I also found the Incontrol Elite fits me well for some reason.  This new one fits just like the Elite style on me. I would be interested to see what you thought if you ever tried either of them now. 

Lol. I wouldn't say I'm dedicated to Crinklz, I just haven't found anything better, let alone similarly functioning at the same price. And when you're urinary incontinent, having a diaper you can trust, for about $110 per month, is hard to beat.

What you say is very interesting though. ABU, Bambino, and many others-even megamax and Trest Elite. If it has a tape landing zone, they all have that same general cut and tape placement shortcoming. And every one of them has failed me so far. Always prematurely leaking on me, around the legs, and long before even reaching half their intended absorbency. And wow, have I tried a LOT of different ones.

That's why I fall back on Crinklz so much. When you take away all diapers with a landing zone, Crinklz is literally the only Premium diaper with prints on it. Rated at 5000ml ISO. And only one of a few that doesn't cost $200-300 for a month's supply (at 2 per day).

And I have been looking for a "backup" diaper for a while now. Guess I'll have to try them and see if they work for me or not. And even if they do fail me, I can add my own tapes to reduce those leaks around my legs and still get my money's worth out of them. So BeDry, be ready for some testing against some higher expectations.

Edited by Slomo
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 12/13/2023 at 3:10 PM, Slomo said:

So BeDry, be ready for some testing against some higher expectations.

Challenge officially accepted it sounds like. 😊

To be clear: The issue I had was that legs wouldn't seal around the back.  I believe this is because the contour is cut differently. I think I am able to pull the lower tapes more around and get them snugger.  I am pretty sure of this but i've been wrong lot's of times. 

• 2 weeks later...

TLDR: This diaper lacks a lower tape so premature leaks are expected to happen around the legs. The padding is too thin, so flooding will also result in leaks. This also makes it a poor diaper for side sleepers too. The tapes are actually too strong, which makes removing them problematic. The high sap content could potentially deliver their capacity rating, and also makes press out leaks less likely. Lastly, the landing zone tape outlines help with getting the best fit possible every time, but it's not wide enough to actually help. (pic attached).

So I got my BeDry order a few days ago, and have been testing them out since. Unfortunately I was right about the "no lower tapes" problem, which almost always results in premature leaks- before even reaching half capacity. I've also noticed the padding on these diapers is laughably thin. They make up for the total claimed capacity by adding in a LOT more SAP (super absorbent polymer). I also took great note the diaper doesn't have a high enough rise in the front and back. Only rising up as high as my belt line, even though they should extend up too my actual waist line. So pointing up absolutely will result in leaks over the top "waist" band.

The tapes are incredibly strong, really too strong. I've had gout in my left fingers, so I've had to use scissors just to remove them. This isn't the "diaper dimension" though, so the tapes really need to be removable by us all. Also, in order for me to get a good fit I've had to place the top tape partially above the landing zone, while angling the middle tapes a low as possible. This makes removing the top tapes even harder, sometimes resulting in tearing the outer shell.

As for how they hold up to use, after about 6 hours I notice the front of the diaper becomes quite swollen with lots of loose and gelled sap. The padding starts separating and clumping by this time too. After about 8-10 hours the sap will be sagging towards the middle of the diaper. And if you're lucky enough to have it last 12 hours, the front of the diaper will have little to no material left. Having completely sagged towards the middle. The waistband elastics will have failed by this time too, and the diaper will be making every effort to succumb to gravity and slide completely off.

Unfortunately, if you ever flood the diaper (like anyone with urge or overflow incontinence will have), then this diaper is not for you. The same for side sleepers too. My total bladder capacity is probably close to 50ml (the average bladder should be 300+ml). And for whatever reason, sleeping on my side tends to clamp shut my urethra. When that 50ml gets built up the pressure in my bladder will start to increase. Sometimes I wake up from it, sometimes I don't. Either way it will be enough to push past that slight clamping and I'll flood that 50ml all at once. Usually 3-5 times each night too.

Each night I've tried BeDry, I've leaked at the front of the legs, which ever side I'm laying on. This happens when the diaper is wet only to about half way towards the back, at my second, or maybe third wetting. I've also leaked once over the top front of the diaper. Twice now I've had to get up early to change into a new BeDry or further catastrophic leaks would have been assured.

During the day is a bit different. My diaper will get completely saturated in the front, and at least moderately wet in the middle. I once had the diaper wick pee up towards the back, even while sitting most of the time. At best, I'd say it was 66% fully saturated. At other times it was maybe 25% saturated. But in every case, the diaper I had on has leaked. Usually at the front of my legs, once at the back of my legs. As-is this diaper is good for maybe 8 hours. Any longer and chance for leaks will become high enough you just can't trust staying in it any longer. After all, the whole point of a diaper is for it to not leak.

Today I've been testing the addition of my own lower tapes. It's already been 9 hours, and while the sap is definitely sagging there are no signs of the diaper trying to leak. Even with the middle of the diaper being extremely wet as well. The diaper sagging has not yet been a problem either. So this definitely confirms the need for those lower tapes. On a good note, the "whiff-x" core does work as promised with no detectable odor even after I've had it on for 12 hours. I really like the tapes outline on the landing panel too. It definitely helps with memorizing where the tapes are supposed to go for the best fit every time. Sadly this isn't enough for me to justify using them any more in the future. Once these run out, it's back to Crinklz for this behind.

Bedry Diaper.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Slomo, excellent review and great annotated picture!  I fully agree re the lower tape problem.  

My go-to diaper is BetterDry for both days and nights and, when my size is out of stock (such as right now), it's twin Crinklz.  A primary reason for my choice is the absence of a landing zone and the tapes "where they should be."

Unfortunately, once we get above around 6 liters of maximum absorbency, gel block and damming seems to limit the practical use of much of the diaper's SAP due to the lack of wicking.

The adhesion of the tapes on the BeDry diaper would not be a problem for me as I almost never refasten tapes.  I tape my diaper and, once on, it remains on until 6-7 hours later.  Yesterday (Christmas Day) I wore a Crinklz for 10 hours.  Admittedly, I did not drink as much water as usual as we were at our son's house with family and I preferred to avoid a diaper change there, if possible.

Does anyone see any possibility of reversing the trend toward landing zones on most quality diapers?

--John

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 2:43 PM, Slomo said:

Unfortunately I was right about the "no lower tapes" problem, which almost always results in premature leaks- before even reaching half capacity.

Slom-dog:  I feel kind of bad for encouraging you to buy these despite your instinct on these.   Your review was awesome though!  I get what you are saying about the tapes and getting them to fit around the front of the legs, but I'm dumbfounded why they fit me well, and not you. 

When I put these on I take the bottom tapes around front and aiming upwards. Then I land the tape above the tape guide.  The top tape comes across and lands on the tape guide as usual.  This makes kind of a pocket around my area, and keeps things held in snug. I don't seem to have issues leaking out of the front.  My biggest issues were leaks from the bottom of the legs whilst sitting, and such, but the cut of the legs, with size medium in these, work really well for me.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:15 AM, Zombie_Turtle said:

Slom-dog:  I feel kind of bad for encouraging you to buy these despite your instinct on these.   Your review was awesome though!  I get what you are saying about the tapes and getting them to fit around the front of the legs, but I'm dumbfounded why they fit me well, and not you. 

When I put these on I take the bottom tapes around front and aiming upwards. Then I land the tape above the tape guide.  The top tape comes across and lands on the tape guide as usual.  This makes kind of a pocket around my area, and keeps things held in snug. I don't seem to have issues leaking out of the front.  My biggest issues were leaks from the bottom of the legs whilst sitting, and such, but the cut of the legs, with size medium in these, work really well for me.

It's all good. I've had to use worse diapers before, much worse. And the reality is everyone's body shape is slightly different. So not all brands will work for everyone.

Though I believe you hit the proverbial nail on the head in going with a size medium. Wearing one size down will absolutely make the diaper fit tighter. Enough so to give a good enough seal around the legs even in spite of the lack of lower tapes. At least that's been my experience with wearing mediums as well.

It comes at a tradeoff though. The diaper will have a very low rise, barely even extending up to one's hip/belt line, so leaks over the top become an issue (unless you point down, and change early enough). Having the back of the plastic shell split open becomes a sometimes problem too. And having such a tight fit, that when wet enough there's little room for the diaper to swell/expand, causing even more press out leaks. Let alone provide room enough for guys who are well endowed, and also need to point up.

But like I said. Having this type of fit actually works for those with the right body shape. Enough people in fact that the manufacturers of these diaper types remain profitable. Which is great, and I'm all for it. Just not for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 7:02 AM, Slomo said:

Though I believe you hit the proverbial nail on the head in going with a size medium

Ha! ok...that makes more sense now.   So actually also I have never had any luck going a size up to a large.  Medium almost always fits me well, or on the big side.  Whenever i size up the middle is way too long and I can't get them around my legs.  

I agree with you about the rise not being high enough.  I try to makes sure i'm ALWAYS pointing down. 👇The only ones I have ever found in my size that seemed like the rise was made for the male body has be Seni diapers.  Seni are ok but I wish there was a plastic option, and the tapes suck ass. The Super and the Quatro can work ok as a 3hr diaper if I have a good booster.

19 hours ago, Zombie_Turtle said:

I try to makes sure i'm ALWAYS pointing down. 

Lucky you? Truth be told, I can point down now too. But that's only after the urologists took my prostrate. Before that I was too "well endowed" and had to point up. Otherwise, even thinking about an erection was too painful to risk a kink in the hose.

• Sad 1

On 1/14/2024 at 8:51 PM, Slomo said:

Lucky you? Truth be told, I can point down now too. But that's only after the urologists took my prostrate. Before that I was too "well endowed" and had to point up. Otherwise, even thinking about an erection was too painful to risk a kink in the hose.

Ah. This happens pretty often to me.  I dread waking up sometimes if things have become too bunched up. When it happens though, I wake up with my bladder spasming so bad because it's reached it's limit but things are blocked.  That's another point I like about the Incontrol style diapers.  They are wide and will create a pocket around everything, and won't get pinchy when they swell up.