need advice

david49

I would like to know how you protect yourself during the day. Sometimes I have leaks during the day which puts me in very embarrassing situations. I would like to try plastic panties but I see everything and anything on the internet. It's difficult to judge because I don't know enough about this product. I would really like to remain discreet. Is it really useful and comfortable to wear all day ?

Plastic pants (aka diaper cover) on their own will not be enough. You will need something with padding. For minor leaks you'll probably be ok with a pullup. Something like NorthShore's gosupreme, or Abena's abri-flex. Or if you're looking for a reusable/washable diaper, ecoable.com has a decent pocket cloth diaper, as does amazon.com.

I may have expressed myself badly. Unfortunately, I have severe incontinence which requires me to wear significant protection. I use Northshore supreme briefs which help me a lot in my daily life but in certain cases, away from home, I sometimes get extremely wet without being able to change and I have leaks which can wet my pants. This is a very embarrassing situation.

David, for those occasions when you need extra absorption such as when you are away from home, use the North Shore Care Megamax diaper.  It has a maximum absorbency of 6,500ml and a useable capacity of 48 oz.  That should be more than enough.  Of course, just to be safe, on top wear a diaper cover.  I like Garywear or the North Shore Care Trifecta.

--John

• Like 1

thanks for your advices. John, I bought a pack of Megamax to try. I was surprised by the amount of absorption but the only negative comment is that they swell a lot when they are very wet and I felt a lot of discomfort wearing them. Generally I wear a diaper with boxers to cover my protection well and remain discreet but that is no longer enough now. I'm going to try the plastic pants you recommend, hoping to find some in Europe.

• Like 1

Just remember. A thick diaper that has done its job is way less noticeable than a thin one that had leaked. Also note that most everyone in public is wrapped up in their own worlds. They aren't going to notice if you're wearing a diaper or not. And for the rare person that does, so what. You have a legitimate need. If they have a problem with it then that's on them. Not you.

• Like 1

You're not wrong and I understand your way of thinking. I still have a package left, I should try again. but for more peace of mind, I would like to try the panties and can you tell me the difference between PVC and PUL? Is there one material that is easier to wear than the other?

On 10/19/2023 at 2:53 PM, david49 said:

You're not wrong and I understand your way of thinking. I still have a package left, I should try again. but for more peace of mind, I would like to try the panties and can you tell me the difference between PVC and PUL? Is there one material that is easier to wear than the other?

Poly-Vinyl-chloride verus poly-vinyl laminated on nylon. Nearly the same material, but pvc on its own will be a little thicker. And pul will have a durable nylon layer, that also tends to be quieter and more comfortable.

• Like 1

@Scarth@Slomo@John Davis@david49

I agree with my esteemed colleagues:  Using Megamax Diapers for total, HEAVY incontinence, work right because you put the diaper on the right way.  Choice of what Diaper you use will depend on WHERE YOU are, WHAT YOU are doing, and that is important.  If you have a set up where you can change often, this will work for you, and you may NOT have to worry about changing if you can do so at a certain location, at a certain time every day.  If you work this type of job where you have easy access to the bathroom, you MAY be able to get away with a NS Supreme.......

But lets break this down:  A NS Supreme is a Great Diaper, and so is a Megamax.  Remember this now:  YOU have to have a diaper that works for YOU, and what one person uses as a Diaper may not work for someone else.  I used to use the Supreme, but then, when I got the state to cover the megamax, it was like being in my late grampa's Caddy.  It was like being inside a pillow, and you don't have to worry about it's ability to hold - BUT I don't care what diaper you use, you have to be able to open your "valve" and do short BURSTS, or you will FLOOD out - This can happen to All Diapers: You have to be able to control how much urine you release:  Meaning, don't just let it go like a Super Soaker, or that diaper'll be as heavy as a bowling ball 🙂

I Use the Megamax: I'm Incontinent BOTH ways, and it is classified severe:  for me, I NEED that diaper to be able to hold most of what I release, and it lasts 8-12 HOURS, while the Supreme may last a little less, but a Megamax, is DESIGNED for severe bladder/bowel incontinence, while the Supreme Briefs can last UP tp 8 Hours, and this, again, depends on the persons bladder and bowel habits, and how much that is released:  if you need full nighttime protection, the Megamax will be ONE choice:  This diaper is **supposed to** get big/puffy, because it is absorbing everything you are giving it, and the Supreme has the 8 hour limit, so you do have 2 diapers here, you would probably want a diaper that is middle of the road, and have the  absorbability and oder control, but EVEN THEN, you will have to watch the diaper, as it can get filled to capacity and may leak, and that is why @Scarth was sayin' he uses the Garywear Incontinence Briefs:  These have been substituted and discontinued on the Northshore site, and Now you can get the Northshore Trifecta (Northshores PUL Diaper Cover):

Northshore Trifectas are available directly from them, and I've been incontinent since 2019, and Northshore really knows their business, and they have very knowledgeable staff, and they can answer any questions you may have.  

Good Luck, and let us know how it goes 🙂

Brian

• Like 2

My OAB and level of hydration cause me to suddenly empty a full bladder rather than Brian's "short bursts."  The Megamax diaper has extremely tall internal standing leak guards.  We tend to associate those with containing bowel incontinence.  However, they also keep pee in the main channel of the diaper (over the absorbent mat and away from the leg gathers) until it can be absorbed.  As I am double incontinent, this feature is very important to me.

Another diaper with very high internal standing leak guards is the BetterDry.  It is substantially less expensive than the Megamax.  Order it from XP Medical or LL Medico for very good prices.

I also wear the Northshore Care Trifecta diaper cover that Brian mentioned.  The diaper is made of PUL and is breathable.  Although it is a bit more expensive, it lasts for a very long time.

--John 

• Like 2

Thank you all for your comments.
The beginnings of my incontinence were difficult because I didn't know how to protect myself. I can't count the number of brands and protections I tried at the time. I was fed up because I had the feeling that there was no effective protection for mobile and severely incontinent people. Since then, I have much better control over my daily life with the Northshore Supreme. I stress a lot less and I no longer hide at home. Generally, I have the opportunity to change in the middle of the day but sometimes I underestimate my urination and I sometimes leak. This weekend I followed your advice and wore a Megamax every day. I haven't had any leaks but I have a hard time staying in the same wet diaper for so long. I would like to try Northshore panties but they are impossible to find in Europe. To try, I ordered 2 PUL panties on a German TCSB site. one for the night and one for the day. I don't know what to expect but I hope to find some extra protection.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 2:15 AM, david49 said:

I would like to know how you protect yourself during the day. Sometimes I have leaks during the day which puts me in very embarrassing situations. I would like to try plastic panties but I see everything and anything on the internet. It's difficult to judge because I don't know enough about this product. I would really like to remain discreet. Is it really useful and comfortable to wear all day ?

If you have minor leaks, a good pull-up will get you through the day but a thick diaper will always get the job done and not be very noticeable. It's why for me, I don't wear pull-ups because I would leak and flood them really fast. I wear thick padded diapers to make sure I don't leak or flood them and I can get through the entire day. For me, being Incontinent, I have to be in thick diapers because I never know if I am gonna leak or flood in my diapers.

• Like 1