Interesting article on bedwetters

Iken

2 hours ago, Iken said:

It seems like bed wetting is on the rise in this country. Here's an article on it.

https://time.com/6296729/adult-bedwetting-shame/

I don't think it is on the rise.  In the past I believe it was more under reported.  When I ended up with (occasional) secondary nocturnal enuresis years (decades) ago, I felt the statistics out of Israel were probably more accurate than most due to required military service....  The tri-state incontinence support site hasn't been online for some time, or I'd add a pointer to their graph of incontinence vs age with male / female split.  Don't know if that could be dug out of the way back (internet archives) machine.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 9:31 PM, zzyzx said:

I don't think it is on the rise.  In the past I believe it was more under reported.  When I ended up with (occasional) secondary nocturnal enuresis years (decades) ago, I felt the statistics out of Israel were probably more accurate than most due to required military service....  The tri-state incontinence support site hasn't been online for some time, or I'd add a pointer to their graph of incontinence vs age with male / female split.  Don't know if that could be dug out of the way back (internet archives) machine.

I believe incontinence IS on the rise. In decades past, people were shamed and outright forced to obtain and maintain their continence. Even when that meant extreme and painful procedures. Though yes I also believe it was also under reported too, and for good reason.

With acceptance on the rise, and the stigma on the decline, awareness of the same old trends is increasing without finding an actual increase in incontinence cases. Except that would also mean not as many people are being driven towards continence. There IS an increase number of people who would rather allow themselves to become incontinent. Thereby driving up to total cases by a slight margin.

• Like 1