Christmas Stocking

John Davis

No, I don't mean the stockings you hang from the chimney for Santa Claus - I mean stocking up on diapers and incontinence supplies before the Christmas rush slows down the delivery channels.   I worry about running out of essential items and not being able to restock while delivery is severely delayed.

About this time every year I make an inventory of my essential incontinence supplies - diapers, wipes, underpads, powder, rash cream, etc., and estimate how long that supply will last.  I figure I need enough to last until about the 6th of January (the twelfth day of Christmas).  By then most shipping will be close to normal.  Of course, that means I will have a temporary overstock of diapers and not enough space to put all of them out of sight.

Just in case, I also keep a small supply of flat cloth diapers - the kind you have to use diaper pins to fasten, and cloth boosters.  As they say, "If you wear cloth, you never run out of diapers."

How about the rest of you?  How do you handle incontinence supplies during the holidays?

--John

• Like 1

I keep an extra month of diaper supplies on hand at all times. That way if there are any interruptions or delivery slow downs I'll be ok till they recover. I also keep my diaper orders on auto delivery. That way I'm much less likely to experience any supply problems. (I never missed a diaper order during the covid lockdown).

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this timely reminder.

I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I have spent so long focussed on my decorations being perfect, and my Christmas plans, that I've not ordered any- and, even worse, I've been getting through diapers like wildfire. I should fix this, right away. It's still only the 30th November, so I should be okay.

I'll also probably get a lot for Christmas though. I did last year, apparently when people meet me, all they remember about me is that I smell. I used to think it was the easy way out and they were just buying them because they'd knew I'd use them, but it actually helps to have people buy me some too- even though I really do wish people would sometimes think about other gifts that I may enjoy. A book, A new cd or something.. Maybe even one of those experiences you can get- baloon ride or something. I would  love to do that (says the woman who is absolutely scared of heights)