Everyone can relax, I have arrived.

Slomo

That was said by the x-men Gambit, shortly before he was accused of murdering the president, and all heck broke loose.

A very few may recognize my old name on daily diapers, Baby Brian. And why I hadn't been around there. That was a long time ago though, and is not something I'll be getting into here. So starting anew, call me Slomo. It's my gamer tag, given to me by a cousin when I first played Lazer tag. I had a slow momentum at first, but soon caught on how to play it, and at some point it was like everyone else was playing in slow motion to me. So it's a double entranda, Slo-mo.

Now about me: I was injured in a bad car wreck about 25 years ago, while in the USMC. Among things, I had spinal bruising at my L5-S1. A seemingly magic spot for causing urinary and/or bowel problems for many. I immediately developed severe urge incontinence, along with a slowly worsening neurogenic dyssynergia sphincter (more on that later).

At the recommendation from my doctor, I started wearing a diaper while I was still in. Mostly because I wasn't very mobile and couldn't make it to the restroom in time. Still, I fought having to wear them, as I've also been a life-long ABDL. I reasoned since I loved diapers that I was just making an excuse to wear them, and didn't actually need them.

It took me a few years of close calls, wet pants, and embarrassment before I was discharged and finally embraced them. Over the next decade my dyssynergia got worse. Basically my sphincter control wires were crossed. Whenever i tried to relax to pee, my muscle would clamp down instead. It got really painful due to my urgency, so I'd push and strain past my own sphincter just to pee. 

I went from one urologist to another for help. But I couldn't finish their urodynamics test, and pee past the catheter at the end. So none of them believed me. I once even spent a straight 7 months with an indwelling catheter. Just to alleviate the pain and let my kidneys heal. I still ended up with painful hemorrhoids, a bleeding anal fissure, and one really bad kidney stone.

Eventually I met a urologist at my local Mayo Clinic, who took me for my word first- then went about verifying it. I was almost immediately put in for a sphincterotomy surgery. Then another, and a bunch more, all about every 3-4 months apart. All just to try and open my external and internal sphincters. Along the way I developed a stricture, so it was more surgeries for that too.

In the end, I had gone through 15 surgeries! My heart stopped during one, I had a suprapubic catheter (temporary bypass through the abdomen and into the bladder for a other, had a TURP, then full prostrate removal, and had an inch of my urethra removed. Finally though I'm stable, and my bladder no longer painfully fills. I'm now functionally urinary incontinent, and constantly dripping.

I've learned quite a lot along the way too. So just ask me, I might already have an answer for you.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Incont said:

Welcome Slomo! Thanks for the history, that's a rough road you went down to get here!

6 minutes ago, John Davis said:

Welcome Slomo!  I remember your name from DD. That is quite a history.  I'm sorry you had to experience all that.  I can't imagine having 15 surgeries.  I'm glad you are with us.

--John 

Thanks to both of you. Yeah, rough is an understatement. It's funny how life works out sometimes. Even at an early age I wanted to be incontinent. Guess I should have been more careful in that wish though. While I enjoy the end result, getting here was anything but enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slomo said:

That was said by the x-men Gambit, shortly before he was accused of murdering the president, and all heck broke loose.

A very few may recognize my old name on daily diapers, Baby Brian. And why I hadn't been around there. That was a long time ago though, and is not something I'll be getting into here. So starting anew, call me Slomo. It's my gamer tag, given to me by a cousin when I first played Lazer tag. I had a slow momentum at first, but soon caught on how to play it, and at some point it was like everyone else was playing in slow motion to me. So it's a double entranda, Slo-mo.

Now about me: I was injured in a bad car wreck about 25 years ago, while in the USMC. Among things, I had spinal bruising at my L5-S1. A seemingly magic spot for causing urinary and/or bowel problems for many. I immediately developed severe urge incontinence, along with a slowly worsening neurogenic dyssynergia sphincter (more on that later).

At the recommendation from my doctor, I started wearing a diaper while I was still in. Mostly because I wasn't very mobile and couldn't make it to the restroom in time. Still, I fought having to wear them, as I've also been a life-long ABDL. I reasoned since I loved diapers that I was just making an excuse to wear them, and didn't actually need them.

It took me a few years of close calls, wet pants, and embarrassment before I was discharged and finally embraced them. Over the next decade my dyssynergia got worse. Basically my sphincter control wires were crossed. Whenever i tried to relax to pee, my muscle would clamp down instead. It got really painful due to my urgency, so I'd push and strain past my own sphincter just to pee. 

I went from one urologist to another for help. But I couldn't finish their urodynamics test, and pee past the catheter at the end. So none of them believed me. I once even spent a straight 7 months with an indwelling catheter. Just to alleviate the pain and let my kidneys heal. I still ended up with painful hemorrhoids, a bleeding anal fissure, and one really bad kidney stone.

Eventually I met a urologist at my local Mayo Clinic, who took me for my word first- then went about verifying it. I was almost immediately put in for a sphincterotomy surgery. Then another, and a bunch more, all about every 3-4 months apart. All just to try and open my external and internal sphincters. Along the way I developed a stricture, so it was more surgeries for that too.

In the end, I had gone through 15 surgeries! My heart stopped during one, I had a suprapubic catheter (temporary bypass through the abdomen and into the bladder for a other, had a TURP, then full prostrate removal, and had an inch of my urethra removed. Finally though I'm stable, and my bladder no longer painfully fills. I'm now functionally urinary incontinent, and constantly dripping.

I've learned quite a lot along the way too. So just ask me, I might already have an answer for you.

Welcome and I know you were in the USMC and I am in the USCG

• Like 1