Diapers for Hot Humid weather

Iken

Now that summer is here, Let's start a discussion on how to deal with being diapered and Incontinent during the Hot Summer months. How do you deal with being diapered during the summer and what are your best practices for dealing with being diapered in the summer.

• Like 1

This is a subject that I will follow with interest. it is a period that I dread every time. I don't change my habits when I'm at home but outside I wear non-plastic diapers but I don't feel comfortable because I'm afraid of having leaks. in 1 month I'm going on vacation in a beautiful region but it's far from home and the heat is very high. it stresses me out and I'm afraid to cancel. I hope to find solutions.

When the temperatures and humidity are high my two big concerns are comfort and avoiding a rash.

I wear premium plastic-backed diapers at night but often use breathable diapers during the day when it is warm.  During the day I may change diapers more frequently to reduce the likelihood of getting a rash.  Also, I use wipes when I change and use a hair dryer on cool setting to speed up airing out before I diaper up again.  I have found that using powder keeps me dry a bit longer.

The Northshore Care MegaMax Air diapers are the best breathable diapers I have tried.🙂  They are extremely comfortable and stretch less than other breathable diapers I have tested.  As I wear them with a onesie for support, the small amount of stretch does not really matter.  The useable absorbency seems to be on a par with my BetterDry diapers.  The downside is the price.😟

--John

If you wear 24/7, the biggest thing to know is your body will adapt, eventually. It took me about 3-4 summers of wearing plastic diapers 24/7, but eventually I did stop excessively sweating down there. 

Until then, make sure your diaper is very absorbent and has a really good acquisition layer to act as a barrier between your diaper and skin. Any of the premium or abdl diaers out there are good for this. I'd say Abena/Seni quality, or better. And absolutely stay away from any diapers you can buy at a local store. They clog up from sweat in a matter of minutes.

If you normally don't wear a cloth like disposable or a pullup, don't switch to them just because of the heat and sweating. While it IS a good idea in the short term, in the long term it will actually set you back from adapting to the heat. If ever at all. Though there are exceptions to the rule, like if you know you'll be taking a shower in the next couple of hours. Or may need to change now, and then change again soon for whatever reason.

Until then, the only things you can really do to help is use a light amount of powder before diapering up. Make sure to spread it all around your front and back, but not too thick or that will also clog up the diaper. Keep up with any rashes too, they will spread like wild fire in the heat and humidity. And of course, it it gets too bad then give it some heavy consideration to changing into another plastic diaper early.

PS. I moved from Michigan to Florida shortly after becoming incontinent. That was a double wammy for my having to adapt. But I did, and so can anyone else.

• Like 1

i wear a lot of shorts and tank tops in the summer .. also very important to stay hydrated its might meen an extra change or two but for i have less rashes .. i wear a strechy pant over my diaper thats breathable .. Duluth trading co's buck naked  boxer briefs are fantastic 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scarth said:

i wear a lot of shorts and tank tops in the summer .. also very important to stay hydrated its might meen an extra change or two but for i have less rashes .. i wear a strechy pant over my diaper thats breathable .. Duluth trading co's buck naked  boxer briefs are fantastic 

During the summer, I tend to wear more shorts, skirts and dresses