Hello :)

TheHangedKing

2 hours ago, TheHangedKing said:

Hi I'm 35 years old and I have incontinence/bedwetting issues. Have had issues almost my whole life and require protection for it at all times. Hope to meet some people and share product recommendations/tips and just help people with similar issues as me. 

@TheHangedKing

Welcome! I have had incontinence on and off all of my life, due to my CP and other reasons. when I was a young kid, I was constantly going back and forth to rehab to help myself deal with certain situations that had to do with my CP. when I ended up getting through both of those particular situations, I ended up in diapers for a good share of the time I was in rehab. Part of the reason that was is because when you're in a pediatric rehab center, they want you to be able to not have an accident by falling out of your chair whatever, so basically I started by doing the bathroom thing, And then slowly but surely I would lose my mobility by being wheelchair bound and then diapered. although the idea of having this happen is not a bad idea, it does kind of take away from me being as independent as I could. Because of that, I kind of let it slide and just went with it, but there are things that were not good either. luckily because of the situations I have dealt with, i've dealt with my incontinence very well I think, and I think I will be able to help very many people, just like I do on daily diapers.

Welcome to incont.org And I hope to hear from you soon!   it is always good to have supports and friends when you're dealing with a journey such as this, And I've been dealing with it on and off all of my life, but I am so glad that I have good friends here and other places to help me get through it. it is my intention to try to help as many people as I can in in both places as well. each situation will be different Each domain is different, so each of the situations you run into will be totally different, while some of them may end up crossing over, but for the most part incontinence will be be something that is important to deal with and to understand. hopefully when I am helping someone else, they will be able to do the same for me by allowing me to get a different perspective on each situation. My main concern is that people need to realize that incontinence is nothing to fear, diapers are nothing to fear, and the ability to treat it should be nothing to fear. the idea is that you need to make the decision that is in your best interest, and hopefully when we end up talking to several users as they come on, we will be able to give them the best advice possible so they can make informed decisions.

@Incont Restarted this domain so that we would have a place to discuss incontinence and treatment options as well as bed wedding and other things that are part of that particular spectrum. And I'm glad that he did! there are many people that look for information about incontinence, in most of the information that is dealing with incontinence can be confusing and all over the place. By that I mean one person will tell you the best thing to do is use medicine, one time someone will tell you the best way to do it is to exercise, the next thing that will tell you is that they need to do something and take a pill, and the other spectrum is spectrum is to use diapers or other particular solutions.

Here on incont.org, at least that way we can discuss those options, and decide, by everyone else's input What is the appropriate way to solve issues. many of us have been dealing with incontinence for years, and the problem is is that there are so many places out there that want to try to sell you that solution their solution is the best, And I am of the opinion that medicine is appropriate in some cases, but in others, all it does is make it so you have to pay for medicine, just so that you can be can be on it. I am of the opinion that if something works really well, you should use it. One of the things that is important is that information about incontinence should not be something that will someone to believe that if they're asking for help to treat incontinence, that we end up telling them to go to diapers 24/7! this is why it is important to make sure that you always know what is being asked and you know a way to respond, Dealing with each of the situations and answering any questions, the thing is we need to be supportive. I believe this community itself will help others that are incontinent or bed wetters or whatever, find the best solutions to their problem. all solutions may not be feasible or wanted, but at least we have the ability to discuss them. far too often there are many places that would tell you that the best thing to do is to end up going with one solution over the other, But the idea here is at least when we have incont.org we can discuss those and come up with good solutions.

Please feel free to follow me if you wish And also to private message me here. it'll be an interesting thing to see how many people continue to join, and I notice that we are getting a lot of people coming in that are looking for help, And that's always good. It's always good to be able to talk to people that are in a similar position, because some people are nervous about it, some people deal with it everyday, and some of them don't know where to start. Hopefully with the help of all of us we can be that starting point for someone else that may be in need. When I started having problems with incontinence, I knew that I had to go to DD: the people there knew exactly what was going on and they were able to help me to decide how to handle it, and I decided to use diapers to do it. each person that we help may have a differing position in a different way to deal with it, so we must allow them to explore and give them viable options. I believe that might able to do that with this site And also we'll be able to hopefully let people know that we know what we're doing and know what we're talking about. it's always good to have people that are very knowledgeable about a subject area, and the reason why I became a member of DD in the 1st place was because of my incontinence, and because I knew and trusted the people that were there, and I knew that they would be able to help me deal with whatever situation that I was dealing with.

Welcome!

Brian

• Like 1