Reusable incontinence underwear

Kit

I am looking for quality reusable underwear for men that hold a reasonable amount of fluid. I have tried Wearever, Petey's, Carers all of which leak. I am not totally incontinent so still want to be able to use the toilet when I can get there, i.e. boxers won't work. I have contacted Salk as my waist is between sizes and don't know if they run on the small or large side.

While I only need heavier protection while sleeping or napping, since the cost of most of the alternative reusable products are the same as just buying the (cloth) diapers (and protective pants) that I use, I just go with a slightly lighter cloth diaper set up during the day.  I can still use the toilet when I need to and it handles the issues I have from early onset BPH and related bladder issues.  So, while it may not be what your looking for, its an option.  You don't have to use the diapers when you can make it to the bathroom.

You have tried the main brands of absorbent reusable underwear.  You will do better by using a good disposable pull-up such as the NorthShore Care GoSupremes.  If you can use the toilet and not the pull-up, you can wear it for several days.

Another option for you is to wear a pair of plastic pants on top to catch any leaks.  

Like you, I tried reusable underwear in several brands and found that it did not have enough capacity.  I then tried pull-ups but eventually had to go to tabbed diapers that have served me very well.  Hopefully you will not need to move up to diapers.  Good luck.

--John

I was going to say the same things as John. It sounds like reusable underwear just doesn't have enough capacity for your needs. Though you could add good diaper cover over the underwear which should help contain some of the leaks. You may also want to give pocket diapers a try, which might just be enough. Though you may actually need a higher quality pullup, or mid quality cloth-like disposable diaper.

I know, I know, you want to be as discrete as possible while also being enviromentally friendly and/or save on costs. Just consider a thick diaper that has done its job is way less noticable than a thin one that has leaked. People are not staring at your crotch, and are generally too engrossed in their own worlds to notice anyways. Not to mention you can adjust your wardrobe to help hide the added bulk, while also wearing black which will help hide bulk and any wet patches.

Also consider cotton is horrible for our environment. It strips the land or nutrients, which needs to be mined and trucked in. As well as requiring a massive amount of water to grow. Whereas plastic comes from underground oil and eventually when it's thrown away ends up being returned underground. I'm not saying plastic is environmentally friendly, but I am saying cotton isn't either.

As for costs. When you're incontinent there is no "can you afford diapers", it's you buy what you need first, then ask if you can afford things like tv/streaming, a mobile phone, or eating out.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately it was what I had feared. I am looking for comfort and find waterproof pants are uncomfortable in hot weather though that has been the best solution I have come up with. I have to say that I disagree with Slomo's suggestion about plastic over cotton. Plastic does just end up underground as there are now microplastics prevalent in nature and in the water as plastic does not totally biodegrade and is also harmful in it's production. The question would be which is worse, I think plastic. 

Once again thanks for you response and if anything better comes up please post it and if I find anything I will do the same,

Kit