do you ever just have a good cry

emily1890

I'll never admit to crying. NEVER! Though at first I sometimes had that same thought. Now though, I think to myself I'm glad I had a diaper on or that would have been a real disaster to cry over. I then clean up as best as I can, and move on without giving it a second thought.

Eventually in life you'll have to realize you can't dwell on what has happened. There's no changing that. What you can do though, is be prepared so the next time it happens you can be glad it was at least mitigated, and things won't be as bad as it could have been. In other words, always try and look for the brighter side of things.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 8:08 AM, emily1890 said:

and by that I mean, go to change, take one look at your diaper then get upset because it's such a mess and you can't quite believe that came out of you.

I get it all the time now, my diapers are embarrassing. 

@emily1890

Emily:

I don't believe it anytime that I would feel so bad that I would cry over it, because all through my life, I've had a disability that I have no control over, meaning that I have cerebral palsy and it affects me the way it does, and that is the way it has been ever since I was born 51 years ago. If I were to take a look at my life from the time I was born until now, I can seriously tell you that I've had my problems and I've had my struggles and I've had my experiences and I've had my ups and downs, but if I were to look at my life in general, I would think that I have done many things that I don't think anybody would have expected me to be able to do. Most of the reason why this is the case is because I have good people that were always supportive of me, and always told me that I could do anything I wanted as long as I put my mind to it, and I worked hard for it. This has always been my mantra all the way through my life, nothing I get is for free, and if and when that happens I am very appreciative of any assistance people can provide. I also try to help people that need help in my thrift store that need either clothing or items that they cannot afford or that they Really need, and I try to provide them that, and I believe that part of what I try to do is to help as many people as I can, because I'm a good person and that's the way I roll.

I agree with my colleagues that you are not alone: there are many people who may have a problem with having to wear diapers, because of something that they find to be objectionable or the fact that it is inconvenient or that it is embarrassing. It's OK, because I'm sure there are people that understand that it can be embarrassing, and that is the reason why there are many people who understand very unprofessional what we go through, but sometimes there are people that don't, and those are the type of people that we have to educate so they understand that wearing diapers is not all that it's cracked up to be, it's not all fun and games, and there are times when you just can't control what you're releasing, and that is why you're wearing diapers in the first place. 

It is unfortunate that there are many people who pick on others because they might have to wear diapers for whatever reason! If people would understand that diapers are helpful to many, they wouldn't be so negative that it turns them off. Diapers help you in many ways, and even though you have to deal with the occasional leak or blow out or whatever it is, in many ways I would rather have a diaper on and have it be used, then to have a mess where you end up not wearing one and then you end up with a mega mess that you have to clean up with comment including dirty clothes and everything else. I've had that happen myself, that even when I have all of my protections in place, I still dirty my clothes and I still have to clean them up and I still have to wash them and Whatnot, but I am not going to worry about Whether I We'll use the diaper not, and what I will use it for, because I will use it, and that is a foregone conclusion. Part of the deal that you have to be aware of is that sometimes you cannot control what happens, when it happens where happens how it happens, or what comes out of you. Diapers help you to try to contain those things that would otherwise be on the floor in your pants or somewhere else.

I DO UNDERSTAND, empathize and sympathize with you, because it can be embarrassing, And it is embarrassing and that is a given. Many times, there are times when you feel like you want to throw in the towel, and you want to be able to say I've had enough, and there's been many times in my life where I feel the same way, where my disability gets the best of me, but I always try to figure out a positive that is involved when you have a negative.

In my mind, what you need to do is find a positive for each negative that you encounter. This might be harder when you're dealing with incontinence, because who is going to think that there is a positive in being incontinent? There is a positive, because if you're wearing a diaper or a protective solution, at least you are able to let your life move forward and live your life the way you want to, and not allow your incontinence to be in control of what you're doing. If you let your incontinence win, then you will be having issues, but I do understand exactly what it feels like, because there's been times when I felt bad myself, like In 2018 and 2019 before I ended up deciding to go full time in diapers in 2020. Having accidents and I had nothing I could do about it, because it was just happening so fast, so I just had to ask for help and get the help I needed, and then move forward and not have to worry so much.

Remember Emily you are never alone! We are all a member Of a community, and we all try to help one another, And we will continue to support and help each other, because we are always stronger together!

😁😁❤️❤️😁😁

Brian