Travel, Family and Logistics

Slomo

So I'm wondering, who will be traveling this year and how do you plan to handle the logistics of your incontinence? Like bringing or arranging for diaper supplies, how you plan to handle changing and disposal, and if you're staying with family do they know?

My parents both died last year, so this year my wife and I will be skipping Christmas, treating it like any other day or staycation. But when we did go to visit them I used to drive to them (about a 4-5 hour drive), and they did know I was urinary incontinent and diapered, so I just brought my Crinklz diapers with me and changed in their bathroom when needed. I didn't try to hide it, but was respectful and always wore something over them to cover up. Used diapers weren't separately bagged, but did get tossed in with their kitchen trash (can had a lid).

it really depends on how long i will be there .. 4 days or less i will bring my diapers with .. longer then that i will ship them to the the location before hand, hotels are happy to hole boxes for you before you check in, i like to bag mine and take then to the trash outside if im at my moms house .. more to not fill up the inside trashcan. 

On 12/22/2023 at 1:58 PM, Scarth said:

longer then that i will ship them to the the location before hand

I've never thought of doing that.  That's a really good idea! Luckily, I haven't needed to travel anywhere for an extended time since I lost control of my bladder, but I do intend to go on vacations again at some point when I get the chance.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 10:19 AM, Zombie_Turtle said:

I've never thought of doing that.  That's a really good idea! Luckily, I haven't needed to travel anywhere for an extended time since I lost control of my bladder, but I do intend to go on vacations again at some point when I get the chance.

Don't forget, when flying you can also check a bag of medical supplies for free (diapers absolutely qualify). Domestic or International. I always put them inside a duffle bag, and when returning I can usually stuff the bag in with my usual luggage.

Just make sure the bag ONLY has medical supplies in it. They will check, and if it has anything else it won't qualify. I had a pair of dress shoes in with it once and they almost said no. I thought fast and said the shoes were specially made for high arches, as in medically. The agent didn't really buy it, but said ok anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 5:27 AM, Slomo said:

Don't forget, when flying you can also check a bag of medical supplies for free (diapers absolutely qualify)

Oh NICE!! That was another thought that crossed my mind.  I can only imagine paying for a case of diapers by weight at the check in.  That's great!!