Genuine Continence issue question to induce leakage as well as butt plug

sjaeger172004

partially in a wheelchair.

I have Bladder retention and leakage and over-sensory issues with the bladder (I also have autism) as well as issues with slight leakage and severe constipation of the bowels.

Public Urologist has no confidence in how to treat me he expressed to me and my Support worker (who is also a nurse) I see my Continence Nurse early next month for a follow-up

I am wondering
Are there any reusable anal plugs to keep prescribed suppositories in for the required 30mins due to bowel issues due to spinal signal issues?

Also looking at an Indwelling catheter to drain into diapers like a temporary stent (to stop the over-sensory issues and retention) I do not want a bag as I am mostly mobile as well as a bag gets twisted as well as pee can escape around the catheter as well as I can't self-cath due to disabilities incl Essential tremors in my hand which are too extreme.

A previous Public Urologist stated years ago they can't do anything as they could make the leakage or retention worse hence the idea of induced incontinence as well as making myself physically and psychologically sick with dehydration as water aggravates the overstimulation of my bladder hence I drink mostly Pepsi max or coke zero with is damaging me teeth etc

Has anyone done this if so any recommendations

TIA

33 minutes ago, sjaeger172004 said:

partially in a wheelchair.

I have Bladder retention and leakage and over-sensory issues with the bladder (I also have autism) as well as issues with slight leakage and severe constipation of the bowels.

Public Urologist has no confidence in how to treat me he expressed to me and my Support worker (who is also a nurse) I see my Continence Nurse early next month for a follow-up

I am wondering
Are there any reusable anal plugs to keep prescribed suppositories in for the required 30mins due to bowel issues due to spinal signal issues?

Also looking at an Indwelling catheter to drain into diapers like a temporary stent (to stop the over-sensory issues and retention) I do not want a bag as I am mostly mobile as well as a bag gets twisted as well as pee can escape around the catheter as well as I can't self-cath due to disabilities incl Essential tremors in my hand which are too extreme.

A previous Public Urologist stated years ago they can't do anything as they could make the leakage or retention worse hence the idea of induced incontinence as well as making myself physically and psychologically sick with dehydration as water aggravates the overstimulation of my bladder hence I drink mostly Pepsi max or coke zero with is damaging me teeth etc

Has anyone done this if so any recommendations

TIA

As it is these issues are really affecting me mentally to the point of thoughts of Self Harm (don't worry I won't as I have a fur baby that keeps me on my toes and hasn't had a depressive episode in years) as really who would want to really piss themselves but I think would be the healthier option ( a means to an end )overall if it allows me to drink more fluids including water (replacing caffeine etc) I have also mentioned this to my psychologist and psychiatrist as I also have Bipolar and Autism so it affects both and also mentioned it to Urologist (in writing but ignored my concerns and symptoms as well as my Continence Nurse has been sympathetic with me and I have emailed her.

I've been almost exactly where you are now, and I've been through it too (though I can get around with a cane, not a wheelchair). I had severe urges with an inability to pee when I needed to, so I had to push and strain really hard just to get a light stream. That also cause bowell issues, on top of my already IBS-D. As well as other bad issues.

For keeping in a suppository, just about any anal plug will work. Amazon sells tons of them, as will any local sex shop near you. Start off with a small one, maybe like 1-1/4" max diameter. Use plenty of sex lube or (my preference) petroleum jelly. Insert it slowly, if it starts hurting even a little then stop and rest for a minute before continuing to insert it. If it does hurt, it's probably too big. Don't force it, and go get a smaller one.

As for catheters and diapers. I asked my urologist at the Mayo Clinic that same question. His answer was yes, but with some big caveats. An indwelling catheter can be allowed to drain into a diaper.  However, you absolutely MUST stay well hydrated. Like 3 liters of water spread out over the entire day. This way the catheter will be constantly flushed out. Also, you absolutely must NOT be prone to UTIs. And at the first, smallest, sign of an infection you must go back to a collection bag.

If you have an old collection bag, it is also a good idea to cut out the inlet valve on it. It's a one-way valve that you can still use with the catheter in your diaper. And it will help ensure you don't get a UTI. And lastly, add on cranberry juice (not the juice mixed with apple, you have to look at the ingredients list). Either that, or take a cranberry pill every day.

As for you bladder sensory problem. Is painful at all, or does it affect you quality of life any? Mine did on both, so ultimately I was able to convince my urologist that making me functionally incontinent would solve both of my problems. It took WAY too many repeat surgeries, but eventually the sphincterotomies I had did work. I now drip pee all the time without any pain or discomfort. It's an extreme solution, and getting a urologists on board with it will not be easy.  Two key points to make are that one, the surgery will not make you incontinent or diaper dependent as you already are. It will only change the type of incontinence you have to deal with. And two, it will improve your quality of life. It will make it easier and less disruptive/painful, thereby enabling you to do more and get on with your life.

15 hours ago, Slomo said:

I've been almost exactly where you are now, and I've been through it too (though I can get around with a cane, not a wheelchair). I had severe urges with an inability to pee when I needed to, so I had to push and strain really hard just to get a light stream. That also cause bowell issues, on top of my already IBS-D. As well as other bad issues.

For keeping in a suppository, just about any anal plug will work. Amazon sells tons of them, as will any local sex shop near you. Start off with a small one, maybe like 1-1/4" max diameter. Use plenty of sex lube or (my preference) petroleum jelly. Insert it slowly, if it starts hurting even a little then stop and rest for a minute before continuing to insert it. If it does hurt, it's probably too big. Don't force it, and go get a smaller one.

As for catheters and diapers. I asked my urologist at the Mayo Clinic that same question. His answer was yes, but with some big caveats. An indwelling catheter can be allowed to drain into a diaper.  However, you absolutely MUST stay well hydrated. Like 3 liters of water spread out over the entire day. This way the catheter will be constantly flushed out. Also, you absolutely must NOT be prone to UTIs. And at the first, smallest, sign of an infection you must go back to a collection bag.

If you have an old collection bag, it is also a good idea to cut out the inlet valve on it. It's a one-way valve that you can still use with the catheter in your diaper. And it will help ensure you don't get a UTI. And lastly, add on cranberry juice (not the juice mixed with apple, you have to look at the ingredients list). Either that, or take a cranberry pill every day.

As for you bladder sensory problem. Is painful at all, or does it affect you quality of life any? Mine did on both, so ultimately I was able to convince my urologist that making me functionally incontinent would solve both of my problems. It took WAY too many repeat surgeries, but eventually the sphincterotomies I had did work. I now drip pee all the time without any pain or discomfort. It's an extreme solution, and getting a urologists on board with it will not be easy.  Two key points to make are that one, the surgery will not make you incontinent or diaper dependent as you already are. It will only change the type of incontinence you have to deal with. And two, it will improve your quality of life. It will make it easier and less disruptive/painful, thereby enabling you to do more and get on with your life.

Yes my Bladder does get painful and well as really affects me psychologically and Physically (I drink pepsi max sodastream) due to cola and soft drink doesnt affect the bladder as much as water does hence it has helped fucked my teeth, causing light headedness, sick etc due to dehydration.

I was just wanting to trial the indwelling Cath into diaper with a high dosage cranberry pill from Iherb and issues I will stop and I have support workers to help me with learning how to redrink, and hygeine etc

On 8/19/2023 at 11:00 PM, sjaeger172004 said:

Yes my Bladder does get painful and well as really affects me psychologically and Physically (I drink pepsi max sodastream) due to cola and soft drink doesnt affect the bladder as much as water does hence it has helped fucked my teeth, causing light headedness, sick etc due to dehydration.

I was just wanting to trial the indwelling Cath into diaper with a high dosage cranberry pill from Iherb and issues I will stop and I have support workers to help me with learning how to redrink, and hygeine etc

You should absolutely tell that to your urologist. And if they aren't willing to listen then you need to find a better urologist who will. Me personally, I believe you'd be a good candidate for a full blown sphincter-ectomy.  Not a sphincter-otomy, but where they go in through your skin and completely remove your internal and external urinary sphincter- all in one go. A sphincterotomy can't do that and only goes in through your urethra to remove a small layer of your muscle. It absolutely will take multiple repeat surgeries to blow it away enough, which only adds to the chance of getting strictures and other problems from the surgeries themselves.

Using a folley type indwelling catheter long term, with or without draining into a diaper, will give you the same result. So it's definitely worth testing out to see how well it works for you. And I recommend looping your urologist in on it too, just so they'llknow how serious you are about it. Take note though, I used them for 7 months once (yes draining into a diaper, never got a uti). Though after that I had to stop because I developed a urethral sensitivity. Even years later I can't stand having anything in my urethra, including a recent cystoscopy I just had done. So long-term catheter use isn't something I'd recommend.