First and Foremost.......

Brian

the most important thing that I think I could tell parents of bed wetters is that it does happen! there are many people who this condition, And sometimes what happens is that children's bladders and bowels do not develop at the same speed, and it may take longer for to be able to mature, so you should always be supportive supportive of your children because sometimes one of the most difficult things to deal with is that there are people out there who may think of bad things when it comes to bad wetting. 

Children all mature at different ages in different speeds. Some of us are lucky enough to be party trained and be able to be fully out of diapers by a certain amount of time or a certain age, while others may end up dealing with bedwetting and are incontinence issues call and some of that is due to the fact that the i'll just still growing and may not be maturing as fast in certain areas than others, sometimes they grow they might grow too fast, or maybe they might not be maturing at the same speed as others, so you must be supportive and be there to support them, because when you deal with things like bed wetting or incontinence, it can be very traumatic to a young child who is trying to figure out why they just wet the bed and they don't know why.

I have always been the kind of guy that would say let the kid be the kid. Sometimes kids end up dealing with trauma or other things that cause them stress or worry, And the best thing you can do is be there for them and try to help them through it. if that means that you will allow them to wear diapers longer, then that is what needs to happen. far too often fear and fear and peer pressure can be like a positive and negative on a battery, and a negative and a positive always repel each other. Part of allowing the kid to be a kid is to let the kid grow with their own speed, and sometimes kids need diapers for a longer period of time than others. if you're disabled for example That also may mean that you may wear diapers further into life than most kids do, and that is why it is always important to be supportive loving and understanding. I remember dealing with several of my younger friends, who are afraid of the stigma or being found out and then made fun of. incontinence Is something that you may not be able to control, so it is not the kids fault, and you should always look at it that way. Bedwetting is also something that you should think of in the same way. it is not the child's fault that they are wetting The bed, Or having accidents, And no matter what you try to do, the best thing is to try to be supportive, because in time it will pass, And if not, appropriate things can be done to help them whether you allow them to use diapers or you end up going a medical route by using some sort of treatment or medication. regardless of what type of solution that you use whether it be diapers or medicine or some other type of support system, never ever chastise the kid for bed wetting:  Some kids just don't have the control as others, and some people that are disabled may not have as much control as others do as well. diapers are there to help you if you need them, but even if you do use them, you should always be supportive and be there for your child because the most important thing is to allow them to grow up with as little stress as possible, because you're only a kid once, and if you're constantly worried about being found out or picked on, that can make your life crazy.

The most important thing is to throw the stigmas out the window!  don't try to use something that you were told as a kid as a reason to force a child to train, of diapers. you want to be able to help them, and if they're having bed wetting issues, then there is a reason to use diapers and other supports. it may be that the child wears diapers until they're 15 or 16 are longer, depending on the severity of the situation. you may also want to take your child to the doctor for support as well, because the doctor will want to check to make sure that the child is still developing properly, or to see if there's any problem, that can be somehow treated. regardless of how you take care of the situation you should always be there for your child, and have an open mind and allow them to grow, and if they are dealing with bed wetting issues or if they're dealing with incontinence, the best thing to do is to be there for em. Diapers are not the enemy here, diapers are things that you can use as a treatment option, but the kid should not be in front of or otherwise chastised because they have to wear diapers. Many people are incontinent or have bed wet in the past, And if, like my younger brothers, they are allowed to continue to do what they do, eventually they will hopefully grow out of it, and if they don't, at least they have the support of family friends and confidants, who support them regardless of what happens!

The best thing to do is to support children as they grow. Far too often parents will find something wrong with what their kids do and they will give them heck for it. Bedwetting And incontinence are issues that might need to be addressed throughout their life, And the thing I want to make sure people understand is a kid is only a kid once. Let them be the kid they want to be, and be there for them, because some friends of mine are incontinent or they've had bed wetting issues, and the more support they can get throughout this throughout this time that they deal with the better it will be for the child. adults grow up, and they end up dealing with so much responsibility, and part of the responsibility means that they must take control of what they're dealing with in their lives. being a child, you have the luxury of time because you can be a kid, and if you have the right supports, Bed wetting And incontinence can be dealt with appropriately, as long as you have an open mind and you know that a child is trying to do the best they can. Even when they sometimes wet the bed, Or they deal with other issues as they grow, you should always be there for them and always remember that a kid should be a kid, and be allowed to live the best life possible, because soon a child will be an adult, and they will have other responsibilities and memories of how they are treated as a kid, so the best thing you can do is be supportive, don't pick on them, don't chastise them, don't make them feel bad, Because bed wetting and in continents are things that are easily controlled and dealt with, so long as parents and caregivers do not make a big deal out of it. sure, you should have it checked out, and a doctor should be advised, but a child should not be made fun of or somehow made to feel bad because they have this condition. It's more common than you can think of, And there have been a lot of adults out there like michael Landon or Suzanne Somers or others that have had these issues, and it is more common than you think.

Parents should remember kids will be kids, and the easiest way that you can help them deal with wetting the bed or incontinence issues should be to take a stance where it is not a big deal, it is not made light of, And it is something that is normal, and it is normal part of life! some people cannot train, some people continue to have wet beds even as they grow older, so the best thing you can do is be there for them and provide them the help they need and support, and hopefully bed wetting will not be something that is traumatic for a young child. A child should be a child, be allowed to make mistakes, and if that means they wear diapers longer, or they find other ways to deal with it, that is the way it's done. There be a kid that has a diaper on, then not have a diaper and be wetting my bed, And when I started having accidents myself three years ago, I knew that I needed help, and that is the way that I choose to handle it, but you should always be there for your children, because if the worst thing that can happen to a kid is that they wet their bed or they have incontinence, and they do better otherwise, then that's the easiest thing to help them deal with, meaning that on a scale of 1 to 10 incontinence would be a one and other things would be a 10, because incontinence is not the end of the world, is just something that needs to be dealt with, and children need to be given the understanding that incontinence is not a big deal, and that parents will help them deal with it, and the best way to do that is to have a positive attitude even when a person has a bad day. if a parent is there for them all the way through, it doesn't matter what they do, they will always have the support and love, because incontinence is not a big deal And a wet bed is nothing that needs to be made a big deal out of, But children know what they have done, and as long as they're given responsibility to be able to take care of what they can take care of, and the support of their parents, anything can be achieved!

the important thing is that love will conquer all! Parents know that they're kids need support, and that's what they're there for. if a parent understands exactly what is going on, they can easily help them deal with an issue. With an open mind, anything can happen, and if you make a big deal out of or a wet bed and you end up making it sound like it's the crime of the century, a child will be afraid of it, and will probably try to hide it from you. being open honest and above board about it, will help a child to deal with it. i've had two brothers that had that situation happen to them, and they grew out of it. the thing is you have to be patient and loving and understanding, and not condescending and negative and negative! you want to make sure your kids know that you are always there for them and you don't want to make a big deal out of a wet bed or incontinence, because incontinence is not the end of the world And a wet bed is easily changed, but you always have to let the child know that it's not their fault, and that you were there to support them no matter what: this is always something that I've always been told, that your parents will be there for you regardless of what happens, regardless of how old you are, you will always have your parents around for as long as you can have them, and they always should instill the fact that bed wetting is a common thing and should not be worried about.

That's how I helped one of my friends When he was about 9, he was afraid that because he was having wet, that somebody would end up finding out about it and picking on them. when somebody suggested that he wear a diaper at night, he had a major problem with it because he was afraid someone would find out about it and think of him as a baby. my quick thinking and understanding of the situation along with my empathy was useful, because this gentleman was told by me that sometimes people have a problem with their bladders or their bowels and they don't grow as fast as others, And so diapers may be necessary, and that they help you, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Once he realized that it wasn't a big deal, and that no one would be picking on him about it, he was able to deal with the situation and it wasn't a big deal to him, and I'm glad that he was able to deal with it and I was able to help him.

My best advice is to love your children and support them all the way, regardless of what happened, because if you are in a position to be able to help them and that you understand their issues, it will help them to be able to feel that they can confidently come to you and deal with any situation. because my parents were so open and honest and understanding, regardless of what I did, good or bad they were always there for me, and I had situations where I would wet the bed a few times myself, and they just thought of it as no big deal, and that was the best thing, because nobody made fun of us because of our disabilities, and nobody made fun of us because we had to wear diapers, or because we wet the beds. that is why a diaper is like a tool, and it is not something that should be thought of as a negative item, but there are too many stigmas out there that have been built into our heads since we were kids to tell us that after a certain age diapers are bad! that is false!

Brian

• Like 2