Tena Slip Maxi/Ultima

Popcorn

Does anyone know if the plastic backed Tena Slip Maxi/Ultima have been discontinued? They used to be my go-to daytime diaper and now it seems they’re out of stock everywhere. Really hoping it’s just a temporary supply chain issue and not a permanent situation…

On 4/25/2023 at 7:00 AM, Popcorn said:

Does anyone know if the plastic backed Tena Slip Maxi/Ultima have been discontinued? They used to be my go-to daytime diaper and now it seems they’re out of stock everywhere. Really hoping it’s just a temporary supply chain issue and not a permanent situation…

@Popcorn

I'm not quite sure about the Tena brands in the US, But every time I see a tenant it's always the Tena slip, which is I believe unfortunately a non plastic back diaper, that is probably similar to a megamax air, because that is the way diapers are going nowadays. unfortunately, I haven't even a Tena slip maxi in the United States come here and I didn't see him, but the only time I ever was see a plastic backed Tena would be pictures that would be listed on daily diapers Twitter feed.

I know that diaper manufacturers are changing the way diapers are made, most of them are going the way of cloth backed, because that way air can circulate And it doesn't cause skin irritation or breakdown. However, it does cause a problem for people who are totally incontinent who have no control, who need the odor control and the absorption, because if you are totally incontinent like me, cloth backed diapers don't have any order control And as such won't even cut the mustard.

Send COVID-19 began, And throughout the pandemic, there have been problems with trying to get things to customers. At first, there were backed up a lot, then they would end up having to put a sticker on a box that says:   MEDICAL SUPPLIRS - EXPIDITE  because otherwise other things wouldn't be delivered to people that needed them. without that designation people that needed diapers or incontinence supplies would probably be without them, or have to wait a long time for it, so I guess that's the way they dealt with it. there have been supply chain issues, and I remember way back in the beginning, people were worried about pamper size 7S, and apparently they couldn't find them anywhere, and people were worried that they had been discontinued. after doing some research on a friend's behalf, I was able to determine that Procter and Gamble did not discontinue pamper size 7, They just had a supply chain issue, so there may be a supply chain issue with this, but I'm not sure.

It is my hope that diaper manufacturers remember that quality means a lot to the customer that's using their products, in the lower quality they make their products, the less useable usable they become, And the less reliable they become, So the customer looks for other more reliable reliable products, that end up

Brian

• Thanks 1

@Brian Wow it sounds like the past couple of years have been a rollercoaster as far as supply availability. Much like the rest of the US has been lately 🙄

I have been using the European style Tena Slip Maxi, then the Ultima when the Maxi was sold out from my normal supplier. So they were not the US models, you are correct that the US Tena Slips are cloth backed. I used to be able to use the cloth backed diapers, but lately I need the better odor control and leg guards provided by plastic backing 🙁

It really sucks to hear that there are ebbs and flows in product availability, and that many manufacturers are changing to cloth backed. But I guess that is the case with any manufactured product, there’s bound to be shortages at some point. 

• Like 1