Hello

david49

Hello, my name is David, I am 47 years old and I am writing to you from France.

I hesitated for a long time to introduce myself and share my experience with you. I have been incontinent for 3 years now. At the time, I often had to urinate quite frequently during the day but I always managed to hold myself back and go to the bathroom. I still remember that horrible day when I had my first bladder leaks. it was a difficult moment for me because it was the beginning of my incontinence and I never thought I would be one day in my life. After examinations at the urologist, I suffer from urge incontinence . my life was completely turned upside down and it took me a long time to accept it.
Over time, I finally found a balance in my life with my treatment (Vesicare) which reduced my urgent urges to urinate. unfortunately, I'm still incontinent and like most people here I have to wear diapers out of necessity. I took a long time to find suitable protection and I was very afraid of going out and having leaks. I now wear Northshore supreme briefs and despite heavy incontinence, I manage to live my daily life better, I feel protected and much less anxious. Even if the days are not always easy, I feel better. I hope to find answers for a better quality of life thanks to the forum;

I hope my English is not too bad.🙂

David

• Like 1

Welcome. It sounds like you found a way to make your urges happen less often, but does the medication make the urges you still have less painful?

I too started off with urge incontinence, but mine was so painful that even medication didn't help at all. I had other complications too, and ultimately chose to seek complete bladder incontinence. I can no longer hold any pee at all, but that means I no longer have any bladder urges too. And I went from needing diapers with painful urges and flooding my diaper, to a constant drip without pain but still needing diapers.

In a way it's like digging deeper and to the side to get out of a tight hole. I'mstill a hole of sorts, but I'm much more comfortable. And I've seen a few others over the years that did similar. By oddly embracing incontinence, you can avoid that pain and inconvenience of flooding a diaper (and bad leaks). I'm not saying this is right for you (or anyone), but it may be worth considering if you're still having pain, urges, and/or bad leaks.

• Like 1

Hello, thank you for your messages.

I feel the same. I no longer have any control over my bladder but the urge to urinate every 10 minutes has disappeared, it has been a real relief. Diapers … at the time I did not want to hear about it. Psychologically it was difficult but I learned to accept it. a lot of people think that I took the easy way out and that I could fight my incontinence a little more. in a sense, they may be right because without results, I lost motivation. I know this is not a solution to my problem but I cannot stay hidden at home. I need to wear and I have to wear diapers and finally with a little experience, I manage to live my daily life much better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, david49 said:

Hello, thank you for your messages.

I feel the same. I no longer have any control over my bladder but the urge to urinate every 10 minutes has disappeared, it has been a real relief. Diapers … at the time I did not want to hear about it. Psychologically it was difficult but I learned to accept it. a lot of people think that I took the easy way out and that I could fight my incontinence a little more. in a sense, they may be right because without results, I lost motivation. I know this is not a solution to my problem but I cannot stay hidden at home. I need to wear and I have to wear diapers and finally with a little experience, I manage to live my daily life much better.

Yeah I completely understand that. At first it's not so much what type of incontinence you're dealing with, or how bad it is at first. It's just the fact you now need diapers, or a pullup, sometimes even just needing pads. Most everyone's first reaction is to try and fight needing diapers, no matter if it's a good or bad outcome, or even a partially good step in the right direction with horrible side effects.

Once you can get past that misconception though, you can also accept diapers are an enabling solution. Then you can start looking at further improving your quality of life.

• Like 1