Northshore Care Supply

Brian

I have been wearing diapers for approximately four years. during this time, I've tried a lot of different products, and many of them do not even hold a candle to what a true diaper, defined by me as a plastic backed padded apparatus with tapes. additionally, this device needs to be absorbent enough to be able to handle almost anything that is thrown at it. in my opinion, the North Shore Care megamax, as well as a good many of their products which I use, are integral and an essential part of my management strategy.

north shore really knows what a diaper is. it is not something that you use when you dribble, it is not something that floods after you end up letting out letting out a little bit of urine. A diaper is something if done right, where a person who is severely incontinent like me can actually unload as much as you can without having it leak under the floor. i've learned strategies for example so that I don't flood when I use the diaper, but I end up pacing it so it doesn't overflow. many times people will just let it go and they can't stop, and as long as they can't stop they run the risk of actually flooding it out. I learned that with a cheap diapers, and realize that I needed the good ones.

when I did some research, with the help of Vermont Medicaid, they told me that I needed to choose five brands of diapers that I wanted to use, and I chose the Mega Max and the North Shore Supreme as the two diapers that I liked. the Mega Max, I was told was for people who are severely incontinent and needed full protection both both. I also did some research by calling North Shore Care and asking them questions.   from my experience Norshore cares Mega Max's are the best diapers around, because you don't have to worry if you have to use it right away, and it is built to absorb whatever you're keeping the smell and the leaking to a minimum. I've used the Mega Max when I had to use it, and in situations when I didn't have a choice, and every single time the megamax works well for me.

I also used their North Shore Supreme diapers, And I find those to be my second favorite. Aid, they can accommodate what you need to release, they have the proper odor control, and they're made properly so that they don't fall apart. Many people don't understand what a real diaper should be, it should be a diaper that holds whatever you can release or whatever you have to release, rather than to be something that only lasts a couple of hours at maximum, when we all know that those diapers probably don't even last five minutes sometimes. they always say that you need to change a resident Every two hours, but the products they use aren't even worth $0.02, And that's where insurance companies make their money cause they end up peddling things that don't work.

I can tell you that North Shore Mega Max is and North Shore Supreme Diapers are my top two diapers, And I would use them if necessary and I wouldn't even hesitate. They know how to make a diaper and they know what the community needs. we need more companies that understand the needs of their, rather than the needs of insurance companies who always seem to be able to make the most money from our necessity of being able to deal with incontinence in an appropriate manner.

I have also ordered the Garywear diaper covers and the trifecta diaper covers that are made by North Shore. these garments are awesome, they help contain whatever you are holding, and they're quite comfortable and you don't even really know that you're wearing them If you pull them up tight enough so that they cover your entire diaper. The lead gathers are big enough and haven't enough stretch to be able to allow for the area to be sealed so that you don't leak all over the place, but as any diaper, if they can't handle it, the pants usually take care of what releases from the diaper you. you also have to make sure that your diaper cover seals up completely so that you don't have any weird and unnecessary weakening. i've had no problems with either of these, and I believe that I have enough to lash me at least two years!

I also use the North Shore disposal bags: these replace a product that North Shore was actually having to purchase. They make these, and the ones that they make are dark blue, And they also have a pretty pleasing scent.  you can place a diaper in this bag, along with any wipes or anything that you have to eliminate, tie it off and throw it into a container or take it out with you. when I'm at home, I throw that into my jenibel can, because it has the can liners. These have been awesome because you can OK so that it doesn't smell as bad as it as it could if you didn't take care of it right

One final thing that I use from North Shore is there large wipes! these things are 12 by 9 I believe, And they put every single adult washcloth that is made to shame common because it's big enough to be able to handle a messy situation, and big enough so that you can hold on to the entire wipe on the backside without any issues. They also can catch anything that is in need of being cleaned or being held, so you can clean up very easily. being quilted they can do that very very easily. I know some people may say to me that I'm a fan boy of a north shore Product, but these work well for me, and they haven't let me down, and the customer service and the people that work there are top notch, as well as the owner Mr Adam Greenberg. he really understands what it is that people need and understands that a diaper is not something that should be built to last two hours or less, but to be comfortable and help someone remain mobile happy dry and confident as well as having their dignity and their privacy maintained. the better the diaper, the better the reaction for the patient or for the user.

So as far as Megamax's in North Shore products go, I am very satisfied with them. I give them all an A Plus, because of the products themselves, the customer service, the speed of their shipment, and the willingness to help you when you run into a situation that you need help with, And I'm also very proud of the fact that my supplier in New Hampshire can deal with them quite easily, and if there was any problem with an order, that could be dealt with through North Shore rather than dealing with a third party like Amazon. North Shore really knows what they are doing, and I am very happy with everything that I have used, I also use their boosters which is I have found very very helpful and needed, because you never know when you might have to use them when you are doing you are doing something long term and unable to change right away.

Brian

• Like 2

@John Davis

The easiest way to do that would be to either send him a message on daily diapers, asking him to join incont.org, or maybe if I make a call to North Shore headquarters, I can leave a message with one of his staff, and tell them about this site so he can join this one as well.

I know that Mr Greenberg has been very helpful to many people on DD, and I think if he were to join this site as well, he would be able to monitor both And if there are any questions or any concerns about products he would be able to answer questions that are Going to arise.

Brian

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 11:24 AM, Brian said:

A diaper is something if done right, where a person who is severely incontinent like me can actually unload as much as you can without having it leak under the floor.

I can't second this enough. The whole point of a diaper is to not leak. If it does, then you need a better diaper. Sadly, "better" is NOT something you can find in any pharmacy or food store.  In the US anyways.

Online really is the only sure way to find what you need. And northshorecare IS one of them.

Note: Yes you CAN get them online. Many stores sell pre-paid visa cards. Just add enough for you order and you can use it for online purchases. FedEx and UPS also allow for shipping to other than your address too. Just verify where first (often wallgreens, wallmart, other drop locations or even their nearest distribution center can hold a package for pickup).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slomo said:

I can't second this enough. The whole point of a diaper is to not leak. If it does, then you need a better diaper. Sadly, "better" is NOT something you can find in any pharmacy or food store.  In the US anyways.

Online really is the only sure way to find what you need. And northshorecare IS one of them.

Note: Yes you CAN get them online. Many stores sell pre-paid visa cards. Just add enough for you order and you can use it for online purchases. FedEx and UPS also allow for shipping to other than your address too. Just verify where first (often wallgreens, wallmart, other drop locations or even their nearest distribution center can hold a package for pickup).

That's why Store brought diapers are pure crap. It's why I would never use store diapers because I would leak for flood them

As for shipping them to places other than home. I know Fedex and UPS have their own ship centers and even Fedex office allows you to ship items to a nearest Fedex office to pick up your diapers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 1:35 PM, Iken said:

That's why Store brought diapers are pure crap. It's why I would never use store diapers because I would leak for flood them

As for shipping them to places other than home. I know Fedex and UPS have their own ship centers and even Fedex office allows you to ship items to a nearest Fedex office to pick up your diapers.

I agree that the best way to do any diaper shopping is to go online. no diaper that I have ever seen in a store has even come close to anything that is absorbent to be able to deal with anything other than an occasional dripping leaky situation.  unless you can go to a brick and mortar store that sell that sells adult diapers and supplies, that has quality diapers like in Las Vegas, anything that is available to the general public rea''y dtinks.

i've said it before and I'll say it again: if you're incontinent, you need a diaper that will be able to handle whatever you need to release. when you go to a doctor and the only thing they can give you because Medicaid won't cover it for the first time is a cheap diaper, you would probably want The best diaper you can get. Incontinent both ways and severely incontinent, any diaper that you find that the state will give you the first time out or you can find in a store will not qualify as a good diaper.

When you go shopping for diapers, you have to determine what type of diaper you want, what type of diaper works for you, what they look like, or the style of it, and then you have to determine how much of the product you want. The only disadvantage is if you need to have them delivered to your house You don't want somebody that is not aware of your need for diapers available to pick up the package, or you'd have a bunch of questions You probably don't want to answer. If you're already incontinent, and people know about it, then it would be no problem They would just take the box and put it inside like my brother does when I get an order from North Shore.

You also have to be careful because if you don't have a place to drop them that would be a private place, you may not be able to order a lot of product. you have to determine how much you can order, whether you order by the bag or by the case. I ordered by the case because I get 90 a month, but when you're dealing with a fedex locker or a UPS locker you might end up having a limit to how much you order. the local Walgreens down here where I live is the place where that locker is for fedex. Luckily I can have that delivered, and when I have it delivered I don't have to worry about going after it, I just have to remember to take care of what comes in and then get rid of the boxes.

So yeah, the public package lockers from fedex or UPS or any other company that has a local package locker are probably your best bets. I think she's after

Brian

• Like 1