What do you do for work, and how do you manage ic at work

Incont

I sit at a computer all day, in a private office, and draw nothing but lines. (If viewed close enough, a circle is made up of a bunch of short lines that each connect at a small angle). Text is nothing but lines too. My particular way of drawing lines is called electrical engineering.

I am functionally, urinary incontinent. And I wear a premium diaper that I can trust will not leak for 12+ hours (Crinklz). I change in the morning before I go to work, and usually don't need to change untill well after I'm home and it's close to my bed time.

For the few times I need to change while at work, I'll go to my car and grab a spare diaper. Take it in hand to our small restroom, and change in the one stall we have. My old diaper then gets tossed into the one trash can we have (used mostly for paper towels).

@Incont

I have worked in many positions as a volunteer. My most important position that I worked in as a volunteer was a server operator on Tallahassee Freenet. I did that from 1995 until 2017, when we got the sad news that we lost our provider, so we had to shut it down. I haven't heard anything that says we're gonna reopen it, but I've had a lot of memories being on being an operator over there, being on chat every night, trying to help people, and then having awesome discussions that sometimes go till three in the morning, similar to what we would do over on daily diapers chat, just talk about anything to keep ourselves busy Laugh and have a grand all time, and I like that part.

Sometimes though you had to get a little bit tougher, because there was always an idiot that would break the rules and we'd have to tell him that it was against the rules, then they would sometimes fight us, and they would threaten us Comments would have to use our power, and then they would complain, and of course based on the administrators decision, most of the time we would win. I met a lot of good people while I was there, and I actually went to Florida four times, the first three were to see my friends at Tallahassee Freenet, the 4th time I went in 2016 was when I saw my brother at Westgate condos.

My next job that I work at currently is that I am the director of the community Thrift store in Montpelier VT. this was a dream of my friend who have a thrift store, so we went to the pastor at the time, and then pitch the idea. long story short, she approved it, that Monday, they were downstairs and looking around, and my friend was asking why he was in a dank dark place that stunk, and she told him that this was going to be the place for the thrift store. people were grumbling because they lost one room at the food pantry, but she said that she wanted to make sure that we were able to do it, and it was a good idea, and it was a that will help people

so we had about four weeks to do this, And we opened in 2009 in November. I took over in 2017, when my friend retired. this is a job that I really enjoy, 'cause I get to help people. sometimes it's a pain in the neck because you have to deal with the politics, you have to deal with volunteers that are telling you ohh this is wrong or this is wrong again Or you better ask this or you better ask that, but most of the time it's a good setup because I have a few volunteers that help me keep this store running. i've always wanna be in the position that I did Just, So I ended up waiting eight years to be promoted to that position. I ended up getting promotions at least twice during my tenure, and I'll tell  you that my friend had called me just to ask me some computer questions, and set up computers in the store, and then the next thing I know because of my skill he wanted me to work with him, and the rest is history! I took over as director in 2017, we had a flood in 2016 and we had to rebuild, So he didn't leave Vermont until that was complete, and I had everything I needed. The church ended up stepping up stepping up and putting us back together, and we had to deal with all that. So this job is a current one and I enjoy it, but man I'm telling you, I don't know how Mike deals with it, but he is one of the most patient men i've ever heard of He always uses his head and he makes the decisions that he thinks are appropriate. I have to make those decisions sometimes, but I still think sometimes that somebody wants to override my decisions or try to change my mind! they can try that But I have to make the best decision possible in a comma And sometimes people don't understand my motives, but I try to do the best I can.

I also own Buddy - Baker dot  com, org, info and my current domain which is the main domain dot US. I maintain all of these websites one of them for the store, and then the rest Yeah I use for different purposes. I got into doing stuff online when of the free net gave me access to the shell. Let me tell you I thought that I was going to break the system, but he told me that I couldn't do it And just to take my time and learn. because of his help and his support, one day I ended up getting an email, And that email told me that I was promoted to assistant webmaster, responsible for their websites. So I started working on a help system, helping them so they can learn how to use the menu system to get what they needed to get. I wrote all of the help files, I end up answering questions on the email aliases and all this type of stuff. in 1998, I wrote my first plan to do a website. And it was in the home directory of my free net account. Little did I know that writing the first website would lead to me having a bug that tells me I need to work on websites, I want to have my own server and all of this, and I talk to my friends and found that it was expensive sometimes and that it can be a pain in the neck! also found out that there are problems that can happen such as dead hard drives and electrical problems, I have had actually a server explode in my living room, so I know how that is.

In 2008 I ended up starting the US domain: this is when I got my first server which is an IBM work server, And the thing was as big as probably Mike's couch, the thing was large The thing was wide and the thing made enough noise to wake up the world. my partner at the time ended up finding out just how noisy this thing was and I had it in my apartment. when I had the thing on the fans were running all the time, and when you did something important they would spin up. they made so much noise that my friend disabled at least one of the fans, and then he found out that a couple months later the drive was dead and then the whole thing went. I got myself a computer again and I made a Linux machine And I put my first website up. After that, I learned Linux and I've been learning Linux for years, and I learn how to configure it, I learned how to install things that I need, and I learned some things that might probably has to know in order to maintain these websites. I ended up installing my own form software as a test, And I still have that forum, but I have learned a lot because I take the time to do important things to keep my mind busy.

I'm not sure why some of my friends think that I'm wasting my time at work or that I'm not doing a good job! I do the best I can and I've been doing a lot for years, and I'm trying to be the best guy I can be! sometimes it's really hard, because you have people that might not believe that you can do it, or they end up saying that it's a bad idea, or they try to push you because they think it's bad. i've had a lot of good people that tell me that I can do anything that I want as long as I put my mind to it. all of my domains are there because I put my mind to it and I wanted it I paid for it I got it! nobody's gonna take it away from me, no one's gonna make me have to worry anymore. I have my server and I'm so proud, But sometimes it's a pain in the neck because you lose files or you have to make sure you back it up, are you updated. but the thing is with my job, it's one of those type of jobs that you can do at home just like Mike, And sometimes you have to sit in a chair and you have to pound on the keyboard for a few hours to make sure that your site is working properly and you end up talking to your friends online.

During the pandemic, my world changed along with the rest of the world! I remember very clearly that I would wake up at 7 in the morning and I would go to bed at like 1 o'clock in the morning. During the pandemic my schedule change, and I was going to bed at 4 AM And then I would wake up at like 4 PM, and get something to eat and then I would be back on the chat. This is something that I did throughout the worst of the pandemic when nothing was open, you couldn't go anywhere, there was nothing that we could get unless we had special permission from doctors or the hospitals or somewhere that we could go, and it was just a pain. So I would go out maybe get some air, and then I'd come back in and I'd be talking to people on the chat server. My schedule was flipped upside down and I was totally blown away because I became a member here And then the pandemic hit in 19 and we were going full blast And then in 20 everything went independent mode And here we were. I've learned a lot, and even through the pandemic I kept my cool and I kept working on websites and I kept on going to the doctor and doing other things. During the pandemic it was hard, but I still did work so that I could keep myself sharp.

I might not be able to do some of these jobs like drive trucks or forklifts or lift a heavy boxes and stuff like that like my brothers can, or more like my brother Dan in the Air Force Reserve, or my brother Eric who's a teacher, but I do what I can do and I can help people. My Brother James takes care of radiologic stuff, and he does the MRIS and he does the cat scans and other things they ask him to do. I'm very proud of my brother and there's a lot of things that I can do because they can help me, and there's other things that I don't worry about.

All in all life is cool, and I'm glad I have the job I have, but sometimes it is a pain.  People told me that when I retired it would be to have fun or to relax or go somewhere interesting.  because I'm 50 years old, I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I can retire, And that's why I always say that I work as a volunteer, and I jokingly say that I retired at 30. I also worked in the food service industry at the senior meals site And I was doing computer work and clerical stuff for my boss, who I've known since I was six. the poor lady died before the pandemic at the age of 83, but I'll always remember her because she was Italian And I'm telling you she was Really awesome because she taught me a lot of different stuff about food service. She taught me how to do the records, and I computerized the entire operation, on my own time with my own software, because I love what I was doing. I had to retire from this job because people in the using it's already we're accusing me of ruining equipment or saying that I caused malfunctions that made the computer unusable, when the problem was that the new computer we purchased had a dead hard drive in it to start. So they they kept on blaming me for a whole bunch of stuff and it was just a pain!

so I'm glad that I'm finally able to do what it is that I want to do. just like my parents, they retired and they wanted to be able to do something special, so my step dad bought a motorcycle, and my parents are constantly on the motorcycle as much as they can, and I bet you they've been to every corner of the state, and I bet you they've been too canada maybe, And I think they made of even gone down and the most of Florida come but I'm not sure. The point is my parents are having fun, and they're enjoying themselves, and I have the same thing going on, but people worry about me sometimes. I try to keep myself up and try to stay happy, and my brother is here every day so it helps me, But I'm telling you right now work can suck sometimes, but we won't deal with it everyday, and with my diapers, it makes it really easier!

Brian

• Like 1