AB Universe experiment

Zombie_Turtle

I ordered some things to try from AB Universe.  Haven't tried them yet. Was wondering what some of the folks that are familiar with their products thought about how they stack up against InControl or some of the Tykables stuff.  I got the Peek ABU, and Super Dry Kids.  The Super Dry kids looked interesting because it has 2 tapes and would maybe not cut into my damn hip.  The Peek ABU is rated for 7500ml.  Do these live up to their price tag?  

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at my post about "no lower tapes" in this thread here:https://incont.org/index.php?/topic/10-what-is-your-favorite-diaper-color-and-what-is-your-favorite-diaper/#comment-253

Basically, if this type of diaper already works for you, then you can expect the same greatness. If it doesn't, then those ones won't either. Of course, there are minor variations. So some brands might work slightly more or less better, depending on your own body shape, type of incontinence you have, overall absorption, etc, etc.

Basically, if this type of diaper already works for you, then you can expect the same greatness. If it doesn't, then those ones won't either. Of course, there are minor variations. So some brands might work slightly more or less better, depending on your own body shape, type of incontinence you have, overall absorption, etc, etc.

Yeah, for sure.  maybe was also wondering what consensus is about quality or if there were any likes or dislikes about the ones I was trying.

Anyway I am excited to try some new stuff.  I'm having fun looking for new things to test out, see how they work for me.  I had been buying the same old bland stuff for so long that it was just another chore that i hated doing.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zombie_Turtle said:

I ordered some things to try from AB Universe.  Haven't tried them yet. Was wondering what some of the folks that are familiar with their products thought about how they stack up against InControl or some of the Tykables stuff.  I got the Peek ABU, and Super Dry Kids.  The Super Dry kids looked interesting because it has 2 tapes and would maybe not cut into my damn hip.  The Peek ABU is rated for 7500ml.  Do these live up to their price tag?  

Thanks in advance.

@Zombie_Turtle:  I have not tried ABU's disposable diapers or doublers.

I do own some of ABU's onsies / t-shirts.  I bought from ABU because Tykables was out of stock on the white t-shirt (onsies) and white rompers.  I'm OK with the ABU onsies, but I do prefer Tykables over ABU.  In my opinion, the slight stretch in the Tykables fabric, the grip of the snaps, the cut at the neck and the overall quality I prefer over the ABU set.  The one issue with Tykables is the grip of the snaps and how they attached sometimes do lead to tears in the fabric / failure at that point.  I've seen it more with the older Tykables white rompers over the white t-shirt (onsies). 

I think both companies under current ownership are good businesses that are reasonable to buy from, once you are past that they are AB/DL based companies vs a medical needs based company.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dan said:

Unfortunately, a lot of the Tykable stuff is out of stock, especially the larger sizes.

Tykables stock is interesting.  At times, they are out.  At other times, plenty.  The delays between when they order and when they get supplies along with when certain sizes are out of stock is very notifiable (specifically in the clothing).  Since their stuff in manufactured in China, there is a significant delay in them receiving product after ordering....  This is why for certain clothing (white t-shirt (onsies) and white rompers) I'll stock up in advance when they are in stock.  This is also why I have some ABU white onesies (t-shirts) because Tykables was out of stock longer than I expected.....  I would say, this is typical of Tykables....  While I mostly like Tykables (clothing) quality, some times what is in stock is more for the ABDL market than overlapping with the incontinent market.  And sometimes, they are even more out of stock.

Edited by zzyzx
  • Like 1

some times what is in stock is more for the ABDL market than overlapping with the incontinent market.

I saw Tykables had tear away velcro cargo pants.  Those seem interesting as something that could be helpful for traveling and trying to change at a rest stop.  Other adaptive clothing I've seen in the doesn't fully come apart.  

Happy to report the Super Dry kids is a fairly comfortable and functional diaper. definitely not scratching my hips with the tapes, so that's nice. I thought it seemed thin but it absorbs quite a bit.  I'm not big on the baby designs in general but these are not overwhelming.  They market them as being replicas of 80's pampers. They do look very similar. I'm a nostalgia fan so I can dig it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zombie_Turtle said:

I saw Tykables had tear away velcro cargo pants.  Those seem interesting as something that could be helpful for traveling and trying to change at a rest stop.  Other adaptive clothing I've seen in the doesn't fully come apart. 

@Zombie_Turtle

I have an older Tykables Jeans and also their "cargo" shorts.  This is back when they were using snaps.  I don't know if they switch out the snaps for Velcro and kept the same design, since I haven't picked up the new style at this point.

The old pants are full length snaps from crotch to leg hem.  And yes, they fully open up, but don't fully "come off" that way -- as the opening on these are on the inseam and not the outside seam of the pants. 

These are also aimed at the fetish market and unless you have long legs and get the short length, you will either need to fold up the bottom of the pants (like a kid wearing new pants that they'll grow into) or get them modified to fit your length if you intend to wear them normally.

Another issue with their pants and shorts is they are cut low....  If you aren't wearing a romper or onsie with it, expect the top of your diaper to be exposed.    So, I'd recommend only getting one to try at first to see if your OK with the cut.  If it works for you, yes these are functional adaptive clothing, and cut to be worn over diapers (i.e. room for the diaper in the seat, etc.).

I also have Tykables jean shortalls.  I have actually worn those in warm weather on vacation.  I find it convenient in that I don't have to drop my pants or shorts to the bath room floor while pulling down my diaper when I make it to the toilet.  Or, if (when) I get worse, need to change a diaper while traveling.  I usually can manage getting to restrooms during the day, but if there was a major delay on the road, I could see where I might need a diaper change at the next rest stop.  And yes, this would be more convenient then having to take regular shorts or pants off to change a diaper.

Edited by zzyzx

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't overly impressed by the things I tried but I've only tried a couple of  items.  I did like the designs on a few of them.  I will probably order to have some color choices here and there but I don't think the things I tried would be cost effective and enough to handle my typical days and nights.  I thought they were really great about shipping and billing. That's bonus points too.