Mattresses

Dan

As a bedwetting kid, my mom used to keep a plastic sheet over my mattress, with a regular sheet over it, another plastic sheet and then another regular sheet. That way, if the top sheet got wet at night, we could just strip it and the plastic sheet off, and I would still have a dry sheet and mattress protector under it. I still do that today. I am too restless a sleeper for bed pads to help. How do you protect your mattresses?

I have a good-quality mattress cover over the mattress.  Then I have a large reusable bedwetters pad over that.  That is my primary defense.  Then, on top, there is the sheet.

I wear a heavier layered diaper combination at night than many folk.  As a result, it is very rare that I leak through to the sheet.  But, "Be Prepared."

--John

• Like 1

I use a pretty standard hypo allergenic mattress cover, which is also waterproof. It's polyurethane laminate, and breathable. You can get one at wallmart or most any mattress store for around $40-50, and typically lasts me about 7-9 years.

• Like 1

What Slomo said, except I once recently had one that slightly wept through.  I don't trust it and I've just been procrastinating buying a vinyl sheet. That's probably what I need to do.  I don't like wearing all the extra plastic pants and such.  It's too hot.  I have trouble sleeping and controlling my body temp so all those layers are out, and mega diapers are in.  I also carefully monitor my fluid intake after a certain hour.  

Fuller_Detail.jpg

I have a standard mattress (allergy, bed bug, spill, etc.) protector, then a standard fitted bed pad and bed shit, then add a reusable incontinence pad, that I sleep on top of, then standard bedding above.  I wear a triple layer of four layer diapers with a protective pant.  It used to be the old VI Products or Comco vinyl pants.  Now it is usually one of the Gary manufactured PUL pants, but I continue to look at my options on this.  Unless I'm very well hydrated things are contained to the cloth diapers.  On a rare time when a leak happens, the bed pad takes the rest..... or possibly the top sheet(s) if they get tangled into the mix.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...