Are you wearing plastic panties?

John Davis

Slomo started a thread titled “What’s in a name…” but I felt this one deserved a thread of its own. I posted on this subject in a different forum but wanted to address it here.

If asked “Are you wearing plastic panties?” it is likely that the answers would be split along gender lines where the men would say “no” and the women would say “yes.”

However, there is more to the question.  Gentlemen, what differentiates men’s underwear briefs like the ubiquitous “whitey tighties” from pantys?  That’s correct — the fly.  Men’s briefs have that front opening for male urination called the “fly.”

Please examine your plastic pants closely.  Do you see a frontal slit?  Of course not.  Your plastic pants have no “fly.”  Therefore, I rest my case.  They are panties.  

BTW, in discussing rubber pants, Wikipedia says “Lacking a fly front, the traditional variant is a true panty.”  What greater authority could you possibly ask for?🙄

—John

Edited by John Davis
  • Like 1

Interesting take lol.

I use both pant and panty at times, I don't consider 'panty" to be a feminine term but a style.

I noticed that the old bedwetting pants of the 50's thorough 80's were called StayDry Panties even though their marketing exclusively featured boys wearing them.

• Like 1

That is quite correct "Incont" and you win the prize!👏  The old bedwetting panties, including StayDry, were sold without regard to gender and the term "panty" was used in that sense.  The same was true of the rubber "panties" for both boy and girl bedwetters.

--John

• Like 1

Well I almost can't argue that logic. Until you start looking at the actual definition of "panty" or "panties".

From the professionals: Merriam Webster says "a woman's or child's undergarment covering the lower trunk and made with closed crotch". Dictionary.com says "underpants or undershorts for women and children". And Oxford says "a piece of women’s underwear that covers the body from the middle part to the tops of the legs".

They are all fairly well in agreement, and do not agree with your own personal understanding of the term. And that difference is decidedly not the fly. That's why it's so important to know and apply the correct terminology. Exactly as I was trying to point out in the other thread. Not to define yourself or make yourself try and fit a label, but so everyone else knows what you're talking about.

So when you say you're wearing panties, is say good for you in your crossdressing. It's not for me though, so I'll stick with my adult sized diapers and diaper cover.

Side note. This reminds me of a relavent saying. Communication in a marriage is not the key to happiness. You can communicate with each other all day long, but if the two of you don't full comprehend what the other is saying then you'll just end up red in the face. Nope, understanding is the key to happiness in a marriage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John Davis said:

That is quite correct "Incont" and you win the prize!👏  The old bedwetting panties, including StayDry, were sold without regard to gender and the term "panty" was used in that sense.  The same was true of the rubber "panties" for both boy and girl bedwetters.

--John

And women or children don't include men either.

• 2 weeks later...