Pushback for wearing a diaper?

Slomo

In a other thread about what type/color anyone chooses to wear, I'm only seeing positive reactions to others noticing us wearing a not-plain-white diaper (or even just a diaper in general). That got me wondering, regardless of our need for wearing a diaper, has anyone ever been confronted about wearing one and gotten any pushback or negative remarks from that person? And how did you handle it.

I'll go first. I can say in 25 years of being urinary incontinent I've only had 1 almost bad confrontation and like a dozen cases where someone legitimately asked why I was wearing a diaper (as if they don't know what a diaper is used for, lol).

For the almost bad one: I was at a friend's house on a beach for some weekend drinking, and had not brought swimwear as I knew I had no interest in swimming. This beach, like most, is somewhat-ish secluded, but still public. And was about 1 mile from a popular public beach access. And sure enough we all ended up heading to the beach at one point. At first I declined to go, but everyone knew I was diapered already and didn't care if I went in just that. Even saying it would cover me more than a speedo, so it's not indecent either. So there I am, laying in the sun and minding my own business when some guy (ironically in a speedo) comes up to me while yelling about everything he could think of. Children, indecent, disgusting, the works. Important to note here, I had on a regular Abena (which has those racing stripes), nor was I wet at the time. Well, before any of us could even respond, a beach cop comes driving up. Long story short, the cop threatens this guy with a ticket for disturbing my peace and tells me that while unusual I'm still fine and to have a nice day.

For the legitimate questioning: Each time I simply replied I needed them because of an auto accident. That's usually taken at face value, and usually I'm given a "sorry to hear that". Sometimes with follow up questions, but nothing bad or negative has ever come up from it.

Also of note, long-ago I switched to wearing Crinklz, which has prints on it (for my own reasons). And yes there have been a few legitimate accidental waistband exposures, as well as purposeful ones in medical settings. Never once have I gotten anything close to a negative comment with them.

• Like 2

I know many times, I have positive responses to me wearing diapers and most of them come from the medical community who is very well supportive and understanding as to why I need diapers.

The only negative is when I had to use the bathroom to do a diaper change and people are wondering what's that sound.

I have had to explain it to 2 women i've  dated before getting to intimacy.    I was not surprised, but relieved that it was taken as "no big deal" each time.   with each of them, I sensed that they both were mature and understanding so I allowed myself to finally blurt out that I had to wear diapers.  each time I was met with a level of empathy and positivity that I wasn't expecting. 

Doctors  and nurses that have seen them on me just ignored them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i think we all work up a lot of anxiety about how others will react or judge us making it a much bigger deal in our heads. for me its a fear of being made fun of as a kid still in diapers or still wetting the bed. that did happen a few times but i worried about it all the time. Getting over that can be hard but. at this point in my life i really dont care what others think of how i manage my incon. and dont feel any need to tell people that normally wouldn't see me in my underwear 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 9:35 PM, Zombie_Turtle said:

I have had to explain it to 2 women i've  dated before getting to intimacy.    I was not surprised, but relieved that it was taken as "no big deal" each time.   with each of them, I sensed that they both were mature and understanding so I allowed myself to finally blurt out that I had to wear diapers.  each time I was met with a level of empathy and positivity that I wasn't expecting. 

Doctors  and nurses that have seen them on me just ignored them.

@Zombie_Turtle

when I deal with people that know me very well, That some of them may think differently of me because of my incontinence. Surprisingly, every single person that I have dealt with regarding my incontinence diagnosis has been very supportive very understanding, and doesn't think any different of me because of me wearing diapers. several of them have told me that it doesn't make a difference, and they would help me if it was necessary. The problem is that some people think that wearing a diaper is almost like wearing something that is revealing or something, when it's not. people wear diapers because they don't have control or because they need them, And that is why they're wearing them. They wouldn't wear if they didn't need them. Whether or not they them because they want to wear them, or because of a psychological or comfort reason, that is the decision of the person wearing them.

The most important thing that I can see is that everyone should understand that people wear diapers for a myriad of reasons, and we shouldn't be making a big deal out of it, because people do it. just like somebody May decide that they wear their pants,, they wear their socks, their shoes, a shirt, and they might not wear underwear with their pants. if that is the case, that is the decision of the person wearing their clothing.**** no man

The only reason that I would be worried is if somebody was actively doing something that would that would draw negative attention to themselves or other people around them. Other than that, wearing diapers is no big deal, should not be a big deal, and that is the way it is. I've had friends that wear diapers and they've done it for years, and they need them and they have them for whatever reason, and people wear also for comfort reasons com and that is considered a need, so hopefully people understand the reason why they do it. even if they didn't, that is the right of the person that is wearing, as long as the person is doing it in an appropriate manner and an appropriate time and at an appropriate place.

Medical professionals such as doctors nurses CNA's LNAS he does not have, or any other type of medical professional are professional, and they see it all the time, and if they make a comment about the fact that you're wearing, it would probably be in the scope of a medical question. Doctors and nurses and other people that work with patients have seen it over and over again, and I've seen it myself, and I've even asked Nurses about it, and they don't even bat an eyelash, they would just go in and with a skill and professionalism and tact and All that, they would take care of you, and they would show concern and be supportive of someone that is wearing for whatever reason. Medical professionals don't even bat an eyelash, so them seeing diapers is normal for them, the only reason that they would question it is if they were doing some sort of a medical exam, and they were asking regarding your health status because of a change in it, which is something that they may ask, when they do the check in. They might ask you if you have enough supplies, they might ask you if you're having an issue with this or that, and they make sure that you have what you need.

So far I haven't gotten any pushback, but I don't give anyone an opportunity an opportunity to push: I have made the decision that I made because of my mental health my physical health my emotional health and everything else. far too often most of the time I'm ending up jumping up and going to the bathroom, and I'm continually doing it over and over and over again. when I end up losing so much sleep that it causes me a problem, I had to make the decision, when I ended up with incontinence, IBS and diverticulitis, I had to make the decision. I needed to do it for my own well being And the best thing I ever did was to make that decision. I am glad that every one that I deal with understands what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. for anyone else that doesn't understand, then they need to not worry about it, because I'm not doing anything wrong nor would I want to make them think I'm doing something wrong. that's why my medical diagnosis are exactly what they are, and they're in my medical records, so somebody doesn't question my need for diapers, in fact they may end up offering them.

Brian

• Like 1