Do you hear anyone talking about incontinence?

John Davis

Do you ever hear anyone discussing incontinence?  Surveys indicate that incontinence is fairly common but it seems that very few are willing to mention it.

I live in a retirement community where demographics suggest that a high percentage of the residents must be incontinent.  Nonetheless, no one - absolutely no one - has discussed it.  Not only has no one "fessed up" to being incontinent, but no one has brought up the topic as affecting others.

Have you encountered any discussions of the problem?

--John

• Like 1

Consider how recent diapers for men are now advertised and stocked in every pharmacy.  When I started having bouts of incontinence 40 years ago I never mentioned it to anyone.  I use to use baby diapers and did my best to accommodate.  There are a lot of men who will not fess up and purchase products and hope the cashier thinks it's for someone else.  I've never heard a man discuss incontinence unless related to their prostrate.  I bet some men use that line to cover being incontinent. I've only discussed my situation with a few friends.   

• Like 1

When I was searching for forums, very few existed and the good ones not sponsored by incontinence products were in the UK.  I feel the subject is more widely discussed openly there.  I found a site a few years ago that was started organically and then was completely taken over by Depends and related incontinence merchandise.  Last I looked the site is no longer there.  So far I like this site and intend to contribute when appropriate.